Research Project Manager for Handicap International
|Engineering, Health/Medical, Other, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|13 January 2017|
|$730 - $798|
Handicap International (HI) is an international non-governmental aid organization working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster, founded in Cambodia in 1982, currently operating in 61 countries. HI mission in Cambodia is predominantly to both respond to the essential needs and improve the living conditions of persons with disabilities all around the world through the promotion of their comprehensive rights. Our areas of intervention are prevention, access to services and inclusion. Our vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected.
In Cambodia, 5 programs are currently rolled:
- Livelihood and inclusive development (Inclusion + & SEI): deployed in Siem Reap, Kampong Cham and Tbong Khmum provinces.
- Mother and Child Health (MCH): on going in Siem Reap province.
- Rehabilitation (REHAB): made of 2 components: 1 addressing access to quality rehabilitation services and building referral with health system on the other hand in Kampong Cham and Tbong Khmum provinces, 1 aiming to advocate towards Cambodia’s accession to the Convention on Cluster Munition at national level.
- Road Safety (RS): currently deployed in Kampong Speu, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Kandal province but could be extended to other provinces.
Handicap International is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fulfil the following position of Research Project Manager for Road Safety Program. S/he is expected to be coordinated and implement road safety research projects, monitoring and evaluation activities, engage local university to conduct Road Safety Research and will make sure all the activities are conducted on time and following the study design that has been planned.
Contract Duration: Unspecified Duration Contract (UDC)
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Salary and benefits package: Salary and other benefits in accordance with HI’s Salary scale and HI Terms & conditions of Employment. The rank of salary from 730 to 798 USD based on the candidate’s experiences & skills
- Develop and manage of the M&E framework including planning and budget management
- Develop study/survey design, lead data collection, and the process of data entry, cleaning, analyzing and writing of research reports, and build capacity local Universities in Cambodia on Road Safety research.
- Assist RCVIS team to improve data collection system in selected province
- Build capacity and support Traffic police on enforcement
- Involve in the development of methodologies and tools for the project
- Contribute to develop project capitalization
- Master Degree in social work, Public Health, engineering, development or a related field
- Experience in conducting research or studies
- Experience in providing TOT training
- Experience in working/ Knowledge on Road Safety
- Good knowledge in research: methodology, data analysis, report writing
- Good analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Khmer and English
- Demonstrated proficiency in the management of database with high level of computer proficiency (MS Excel and SPSS)
- Knowledge in Road Safety is an asset
- Ability to work in a team and be at ease within a cross-cultural team
- Strong coordination skills and good inter-personal communication skills
Handicap International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants.
Handicap International is committed to the principle of diversity and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities and women.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided on an individual needs basis for applicants with disabilities. We encourage the applicant to contact the number below to express their needs.
The successful applicant will be expecting to comply with Handicap International’s Child Protection Policy and protection of beneficiaries towards exploitation and sexual abuse.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter stating how you meet the requirement together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae (maximum of 4 pages), salary expectation, names and contacts of two professional references from different institutions who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experiences. Please attach only copies of original certificates and other documents.
Applications will be reviewed as soon as received. All application documents will be treated confidentially and will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Handicap International Cambodia’s job announcements and activities are also posted in the HI’s facebook page below:
Applications are invited to submit their applications to our contact detail below.