Awareness and Advocacy Senior Project Officer for Handicap International
|16 January 2017|
Handicap International (HI) is an international non-governmental aid organization working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster, founded in Cambodia in 1982, currently operating in 61 countries. HI mission in Cambodia is predominantly to both respond to the essential needs and improve the living conditions of persons with disabilities all around the world through the promotion of their comprehensive rights. Our areas of intervention are prevention, access to services and inclusion. Our vision is of a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected.
In Cambodia, 5 programs are currently rolled:
- Livelihood and inclusive development (Inclusion + & SEI): deployed in Siem Reap, Kampong Cham and Tbong Khmum provinces.
- Mother and Child Health (MCH): on going in Siem Reap province.
- Rehabilitation (REHAB): made of 2 components: 1 addressing access to quality rehabilitation services and building referral with health system on the other hand in Kampong Cham and Tbong Khmum provinces, 1 aiming to advocate towards Cambodia’s accession to the Convention on Cluster Munition at national level.
- Road Safety (RS): currently deployed in Kampong Speu, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Kandal province but could be extended to other provinces. The Road Safety program is currently divided in 2 main projects:
- Awareness and Education
- Research, Monitoring & Evaluation.
Handicap International is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fulfil the following position of Awareness and Advocacy Senior Project Officer for Road Safety Program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Awareness and Advocacy Senior Project Officer is expected to coordinate and implement road safety awareness activities as planned.
Contract Duration: Unspecified Duration Contract (UDC)
Expected starting date: 15th February 2017
Salary and benefits package: Salary and other benefits in accordance with HI’s Salary scale and HI Terms & conditions of Employment and based on the candidate’s experiences & skills.
- Contribute to developing and managing the monitoring and evaluation framework
- Develop/ Review road safety training package, IEC materials, road safety marketing tool and advocacy tool based on research finding
- Provide Road Safety Training to NGOs/CSOs, factories and other relevant stakeholders
- Organize Road Safety Awareness events and media campaigns
- Contribute to develop key statements to advocate for Road Safety improvement.
- Involve in the development of methodologies and tools for the project
- Master Degree in social work, Public Health, engineering, development or a related field
- Experience in providing TOT training
- Experience in organizing Road Safety awareness
- Experience in working on advocacy
- Experience in working/ Knowledge on Road Safety
- Good organization skills
- Good analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Khmer and English
- Knowledge in Road Safety is an asset
- Ability to work in a team and be at ease within a cross-cultural team
- Strong coordination skills and good inter-personal communication skills
Handicap International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants.
Handicap International is committed to the principle of diversity and particularly welcomes applications from people with disabilities and women.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided on an individual needs basis for applicants with disabilities. We encourage the applicant to contact the number below to express their needs.
The successful applicant will be expecting to comply with Handicap International’s Child Protection Policy and protection of beneficiaries towards exploitation and sexual abuse.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter stating how you meet the requirement together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae (maximum of 4 pages), salary expectation, names and contacts of two professional references from different institutions who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experiences. Please attach only copies of original certificates and other documents.
Applications will be reviewed as soon as received. All application documents will be treated confidentially and will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Handicap International Cambodia’s job announcements and activities are also posted in the HI’s facebook page below:
Applications are invited to submit their applications to our contact detail below.