Trainer Consultant to Development of Training Modules for CC, CCWC and Commune Clerk on Financial Management and Technical Monitoring for Reproductive and Child Health Alliance
|Accounting / Finance, Consultancy, Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Full time job|
|13 January 2017|
Empowering Communities for Health (ECH) a USAID funded project, managed and implemented by the Reproductive and Child Health Alliance (RACHA) of Cambodia. We are offering excellent employment opportunities for dedicated, hardworking, creative and committed professionals with requisite skills and knowledge in public health, local governance, community outreach and social accountability areas.
One of the goals of the RACHA Empowering Communities for Health project funded by USAID is to enhance the skills of Village Health Support Groups (VHSGs), strengthen their technical linkages to Health Centers (HCs), and institutionalize them under local government structures including Commune Council (CC), Commune Council Women and Children Committee (CCWC) for long-term sustainability. The overall goal is to strengthen community health systems and improve social accountability and good governance as relates to service delivery to the community. Since 2014, the ECH project has been implementing in the six provinces of Siem Reap, Banteay Meanchey, Palin, Battambang, Pursat, and Kampong Speu. Community health activity planning and administrative tasks including the management of some ECH budget will be handed over to the CC after capacity building training is completed. These tasks to be handed over include: organizing and conducting VHSG, health center management committee (HCMC), and community based distribution (CBD) meetings; refreshments; and per diems. Based on ECH results, local government administration has shown a commitment to support VHSG activities. Through the RGC commitment to implement de-concentration and decentralization, the Sub-National Administrations (SNA) will have appropriate funds to support priority community health activities (including VHSG activities).
- Objectives of the consultancy
- The specific objectives include:
- Review the existing CC, CCWC and Commune Clerk training curriculum, lesson plans, and other existing administrative/financial documents; and based on the findings; develop Financial Management and Technical Monitoring training manual.
- Conduct a training needs assessment based on the findings of the curriculum/document review and through self-assessment.
- Conduct training of trainers (ToT) to RACHA ECH provincial field staff. ECH field staff will be the core trainers with support from provincial and district level officers.
- Consultant with the RACHA ECH trainers will conduct the training to SNA core trainers. The Sub National Administration (SNA) core trainers will conduct a cascade of training to relevant Sub National Administration (SNA) members (CC, CCWC, Commune Clerk, HCMC - Health Center Management Committee members, and others).
- Develop pre and post self-assessment tools and conduct self-assessment to measure improved capacity.
- Expected Outputs
- Specific Training Manual/training curriculum on financial management and technical monitoring with pre/post assessment tool are developed.
- A training plan based on findings of training review is created. A ToT training guide and facilitator guide on financial management and technical monitoring are developed.
- Document pre and post assessment scoring.
- The creation of a whole package of training will be created and handed over to Sub National Administration (SNA).
- Final report of the training written and submitted within two weeks of last training
- Specific Tasks
- Meet with key stakeholders including field visits to SNA partners.
- Develop an outline for the training modules – information to be provided
- Develop training modules on financial management and technical monitoring by a review of the following:
- RACHA’s existing guidelines and training modules on ECH project and financial management, where applicable, as well as training curriculum;
- Guidelines, training manuals, procedures, and best practice on community health from MoH, MoI/NCDD-S, MoP, MoEF,other NGOs and organizations; and
- Review existing documents and training materials on CC, CCWC and Commune Clerk from various sources (MoH, MoI/NCDD-S, MoI, MoP, MoEF, WHO, INGOs, etc)
- Work in consultation with RACHA ECH Technical Team/Financial Team Leaders, Regional Directors, and Management team on the final training manual and other related documents.
- Conduct TOT trainings to RACHA ECH provincial field staff. ECH field staff will be the core trainers with support from provincial and district level officers. With support of RACHA Technical Team Leader to RACHA ECH staff, district and provincial government officers.
- Develop pre and post assessment tools on financial management and technical monitoring.
- Monitor/follow-up and support training to CC, CCWC and Commune Clerk.
- After the ToT training, finalize the Financial Management and Technical Monitoring curriculum and submit to RACHA.
- Write a brief training and monitoring summary to be submitted to RACHA, USAID, and relevant RGC counterparts.
- Masters in Education, management or relevant field with advanced knowledge in public health, financial management in Cambodian sub-national administrations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Social Accountability Framework, maternal and child health, family planning, newborn, community health is a plus
- Must have 10 years of professional experiences, including 5 years of trainer experience
- Excellent leadership, advocacy and great interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate practical adult learning approaches
- Excellent with interpersonal and communities communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer
- Flexibility, patient and honest is highly desired
Schedule and dates
The consultancy service is expected for a period of 3 months commencing on January 16, 2017 to April 14, 2017.
Consultant remuneration will be based on the negotiable terms of agreement.
Reports and Propriety
All the products including curriculum and handouts produced under this consultancy are RACHA’s property. The consultant will not share and disclose information to a third party without prior written approval of RACHA Management.
For more details on the job openings, please visit the RACHA website below; Candidates MUST submit a current resume with a cover letter with three references’ e-mail address to our office or e-mail to us by using the contact details below.
RACHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with strict adherence to the Child Protection Principles.
Qualified female professionals are highly encouraged to apply.