Early Warning System Manager for People in Need
|Computer - General, Computer - Networking, Computer - Programming, Execute. / Management, Resources & Environment|
|Full time job|
People in Need (PIN), an international NGO, seeks applications for experienced and motivated candidates to fill the position below. PIN has been working in Cambodia since 2008 and specializes in programs such as Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response, Urban Poverty Reduction and Maternal and Child Health.
The early warning information dissemination system (EWS 1294) is one of the cornerstones of PIN innovation for disaster management technology in Cambodia. In partnership with NCDM and PCDMs, EWS 1294 has been under development since 2013 and is in the process of being scaled up for use at the national level. Throughout Cambodia EWS 1294 utilizes the latest mobile IVR technologic and information sources to send targeted early warning messages to communities who might be impacted by a disaster and provides real time updates on information related to disasters to national and sub-national bodies such as NCDM.
Currently PIN in Cambodia is seeking experienced and motivated candidate to fill the position below.
The successful candidate will lead the EWS Team in the further development and national scale up of the EWS 1294 over the next several years. The ideal candidate will need to have a firm grasp of the role of technology within a development context, a strong background in disaster management and disaster risk reduction (DRR), proven experience managing a team in order to achieve results and proven experience with donor reporting. The candidate would also have proven experience in providing training and experience working closely with NCDM to achieve results. The role will require someone to provide creative ideas for future projects and ideas to improve existing projects, and to improve usability and functionality of the system in order to ensure long term sustainability as the system is handed over to NCDM over the next several years.
- Period: Full time position (Contract duration: 12 Months, starting date: 15th of February 2017).
- Salary: 850 + USD, dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Coordinate the EWS Team in rolling out of EWS 1294 to meeting project targets
- Ensure coordination and cooperation between NCDM, PCDM, MoWRAM and other actors in operating and maintaining EWS 1294.
- Ensure that there is an extremely high level of understood mutual cooperation between NCDM, local government authorities and PIN and with consortium partners.
- Put in place a systems for staying up to date on EWS 1294 budget spends, making sure that each project meets it budgetary obligations and is in line with indicators and results.
- Provide regular feedback to team members through quarterly evaluations.
- Ensure that all members of the EWS Team are fully up to date with all system developments.
- Oversee and ensure continuous high quality trainings to NCDM and PCDM staff on how to operate and maintain the EWS 1294 system.
- Work with PIN Innovations Teams to further develop, scale up and roll out all systems updates and ensure that all updates are coordinated with NCDM.
- Monitor the progress of the EWS Registration Campaign, identify any bottlenecks as they appear and propose relevant solutions to EWS Team and Program Manager.
- Oversee high quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the EWS 1294 system such that information can be used to report to institutional donors.
- Ensure overall high visibility of Consortium partners and donors (ECHO, UNESCAP, SDC) throughout all activities (incl. inserting logos and sharing information about the role of the Consortium during all meetings, interviews, press statements, etc.).
- Work in conjunction with the M&E Officer to maintain the appropriate tools for monitoring programme targets and beneficiaries, and make sure the system is systemically maintained and regularly updated.
- Minimum 3-5 year experiences in Disaster Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate changes or IT
- Excellent networking and communication skills with demonstrated ability to build strong relations with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated grasp of the role of technology within a development context
- Experiences in facilitation workshops, training especially with local and national authorities
- Experiences in budget management, project management, and team management
- Excellent, demonstrated spoken, written English and presentation skill
- Good command of MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel to the rural areas.
- Appropriate salary
- Regular Bonus
- Provident Fund
- Be able to access on Capacity Building Opportunity
- Insurance (Hospital & Surgical, Accident, NSSF)
- A friendly and good working environment
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter by email with at least 2 references, contact details and a motivation letter to HR Officer. Candidates are also encouraged to familiarize themselves with PIN and its activities in Cambodia at PIN’s website and Facebook.
** Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.