Project Officer for Helen Keller International, Cambodia
|25 January 2017|
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Cambodia to support the 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
We are currently seeking for below positions for our Cambodia country program.
Scope of the Position Project Officer
The position will be based in Tboung Khmum province. The Project Officer will report to the Provincial Coordinator, and will collaborate closely with the Program Manager, Logistics Manager, Admin/HR Manager, Finance Manager and other staff members.
- Plan, implement and monitor Homestead Food Production (HFP) program in villages under his/her responsibility.
- Assist partner organization at field level to plan, implement and monitor HFP Program in villages under their responsibility.
- Assist the planning and delivery of training on HFP components, including agriculture, nutrition, gender and WASH.
- Assist in the distribution of project inputs to project participants, and the transparent collection of contributions from project participants.
- Assist Monitoring and Evaluation team to organize surveys/researches and studies related to HFP, nutrition, gender and WASH in targeted villages as needed.
- Conduct regular support visits to Village Model Farms (VMF) and target households to ensure quality program.
- Monitor partner organization’s activities and provide necessary technical and management support to them for successful implementation of the program.
- Prepare monthly personal work plans.
- With the Provincial Coordinator, liaise with departments of provincial agriculture and health as needed.
- Submit monthly activity report to Provincial Coordinator.
- A degree in agriculture or another similar area of study is an asset;
- Excellent communication and language skills: candidate must be fluent in Khmer;
- Working Experience (2-3 years) in rural areas;
- Technical knowledge of agriculture programs preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with target beneficiary;
- Motorcycle driver’s license is necessary;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision is required;
HKI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should submit applications to the email below. Applications should include a cover letter, CV/Resume and three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer.