Field Supervisor for Helen Keller International, Cambodia
|Agriculture, Rural development|
|Full time job|
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Cambodia to support the 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
We are currently seeking for below positions for our Cambodia country program.
Scope of the Position Field Supervisor
The position will be based in Prey Chhor District, Kampong Cham province. The Field Supervisor will report directly to the Program Manager based in Phnom Penh who is in turn responsible to the Deputy Country Director. Field Supervisor will also collaborate closely with Agriculture Coordinator, Aquaculture Coordinator, Gender Coordinator, M&E Manager, the HR/Admin Manager, Logistics Manager, Finance Manager and other staff members as needed.
- Lead the implementation of Homestead Food Production (HFP) activities in his/her province with the targeted number of beneficiary households, including program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, in collaboration with partner organization at the target province.
- Ensure the quality of the activities at Village Model Farm (VMF), Fish Hatchery and target household (HH) level together with HKI and NGO team in the Province
- Review monthly workplan of all field officers in his/her province and provide feedback accordingly.
- Monitor the quality of support provided to VMFs and HHs by HKI and partner NGO field officers (FO) and provide feedback accordingly.
- Work with Agriculture Coordinator, and Aquaculture Coordinator to plan, organize and conduct training related vegetable, fruit, poultry and fish production.
- Work with the Nutrition Unit (NU), Marketing Officer and Gender Coordinator to plan, organize and conduct training related to marketing, gender and nutrition education/behavior change communication (BCC) as needed.
- Participate in the design and development of BCC and training materials as needed.
- Coordinate with the HKI Monitoring & Evaluation Team to plan, organize and conduct regular monitoring, baseline and endline surveys, research, and studies on food production and nutrition in project areas as needed.
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by Program Manager.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Rural Development, or related field.
- At least 5 years-experience of project implementation at community level in agriculture especially with regards to horticulture, poultry or fish production.
- Technical knowledge of nutrition programs or public health preferred.
- Fluency in Khmer and reasonable command of written and spoken English.
- Experience of Cambodian rural communities.
- Experience of working and coordination with NGOs and government agencies.
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skill.
HKI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should submit applications to the email below. Applications should include a cover letter, CV/Resume and three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer.