Monitoring Officer (MO) for Helen Keller International, Cambodia
|Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Full time job|
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Cambodia to support the 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
We are currently seeking for below positions for our Cambodia country program.
Scope of the Position Monitoring Officer
The position will be based in Phnom Penh with frequent travel to the field. The MO will report to the M&E Manager, and work in close collaboration with other M&E staff. The MO will also collaborate closely with the Program Manager, Logistics Manager, Admin/HR Manager, Finance Manager and other staff members when required.
- Assist the M&E Manager to plan, organize and conduct trainings on surveys, routine program monitoring and database management when needed.
- Assist the M&E Manager to plan, organize and coordinate data collection activities as needed.
- Supervise and monitor field data collection activities to ensure good data quality.
- Assist the M&E database officer and operator to set up databases, using software such as data builder, data entry station, and SPSS.
- Assist as required with data processing, including data entry, quality control of data entry, cleaning, and data analysis.
- Provide regular updates to M&E Manager on status of the data collection, processing and analysis.
- Undertake other duties assigned by the M&E Manager.
- Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Economics, or other areas of study with significant data collection/analysis components, plus at least 3 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of common database software, especially SPSS.
- Demonstrated track record in undertaking and supporting data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Technical knowledge of nutrition programs, public health and eye health programs preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with external contacts.
- Excellent communication and language skills: Excellent oral and written English.
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive field travel when needed.
HKI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should submit applications to the email below. Applications should include a cover letter, CV/Resume and three references. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer.