ICT Technical Translator for Cambodian Children’s Trust
|30 January 2017|
Cambodian Children’s Trust is a secular, non-profit Cambodian NGO working to empower Cambodian families to escape the cycle of poverty, through family preservation, care reform, and education.
The Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is implementing CCT’s ICT project in high schools in Battambang Province.
We are now seeking for a qualified Cambodian to fill the positions below.
These positions will be based in the Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT Youth Centre at Battambang Province,)
- Translate curriculum on online learning platform from English into Khmer in cooperation with the ICT Project Manager and the Head ICT Teacher.
- Check original text and confirm with the Head ICT Teacher to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material.
- Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
- Re-translate selected material from Khmer back into English to allow curriculum authors and ICT staff to check for correct content and meaning
- Consistently compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms for IT hardware and software, as well as programming language.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Compare translated material to other resources, such as other educational manuals, websites and reports to ensure that translated material is in the correct style and language.
- Refer to reference materials such as dictionaries, encyclopaedias, and online terminology resources as needed to ensure translation accuracy.
- Update and edit materials once course content has been tested in the live environment to accommodate necessary cultural adaptations, new learning materials or identified errors in previous content.
- Adapt translations to students' cognitive and grade levels, collaborating with educational team members as necessary.
- Adapt technical vocabulary to Khmer language and culture.
- Bachelor Degree in Linguistics, English Language, TEFL or equivalent.
- 2 years of translating experience required.
- Excellent command of the English and Khmer languages, oral and written.
- Good knowledge of software and computer related technologies.
- Excellent team player and self-motivated.
- Experience working in IT highly desirable.
- Technical writing experience is highly desirable.
- The capacity to understand texts in the source language and to render them correctly in the target language, using a style and register appropriate to the purpose of the text.
- The capacity to research topics and terminology quickly and efficiently — in both source language and target languages.
Interested persons should send an application letter and copy of his/her current and updated professional curriculum vitae (CV) to Human Resource Department, Cambodian Children’s Trust by using the information in the contact details.
Only short-list candidates will be called for an interview. Application and CV will not be returned.