Community Liaison Assistant for Mines Advisory Group
|Assistant, Community Development|
|Full time job|
The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a British based Non-Governmental Organization engaged in the eradication of landmines and other unexploded ordnance in over 15 countries around the world. MAG’s mission is to build the futures of people affected by the remnants of conflict through responsive, quality-driven and progressive action. We remove the physical threat of injury and death and alleviate economic devastation. We provide clearance and education enabling an escape from the poverty and suffering caused by conflict. MAG has been working in the field of Humanitarian Mine Action in Cambodia since 1992. Currently MAG operates in two provinces (Battambang & Ratanakiri), employing a total of almost 300 staff.
Position Purpose: Responsible to the Community Liaison Officer for implementation of the day-to-day community liaison activities in the field.
- Gathering information including: impact of MAG activities, mine and UXO accidents, socio-economic conditions, follow up activities and mine /UXO information.
- Establishing a wide information network including communities, NGOs, CMAC, CRC, and other possible sources of information.
- Serving as a focal point for provincial, district, commune, and village representatives, in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assessing needs at village and commune levels, and establishing priorities in cooperation with village and commune committees.
- Assisting in analysing gathered information and necessary dissemination of information.
- Ensuring that the Community Liaison Officer is fully briefed on all issues relating to Community Liaison.
- Cooperating and coordinating closely with Mine Action Team activities.
- Ensuring that all information collected is accurately recorded and standard formats for reporting are followed.
- Conducting Mine Awareness presentations as required, or as directed by the CLO.
- Producing regular written reports for the CLO on activities carried out.
- Previous experiences in handling data gathering tools
- Ability to work under pressure and or overtime as necessary
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good communication and facilitation skills for group discussions
- Excellent computer skills – Ms Word, Excel, Internet email
- Work cooperatively as member of team – able to be supportive and to give constructive feedback to help the team improve
- Ability to ride a motorbike in remote and difficult condition areas
- Willing to learn new thing
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit a Cover Letter and CV with three referees (certificates should not be included with the application and please subject the email with the position you are applying for, Ex: Ms. Xxx Xxxxx is Applying for CL Assistant) to us by using the informations in the contact details.
All applications will be retained in MAG and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
|Mines Advisory Group|
|023 215 115 (Head Office)|
053 952 546 (Battambang)
|MAG Head Office: #16D, St. 360, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang3, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh|
MAG Battambang: #99, Group 10, Romchek 4 village, Rattanak commune, Battambang district, Battambang Province