Expat PE Teacher for Footprints International School
|$800 - $900|
Footprints International School (FIS) is a school dedicated to raising the quality of education in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Established in 2007, the school has grown from just 10 students and has spread across 3 branches (5 campuses), with students from Nursery to Grade 10. We run a bilingual program, allowing students to develop competence in Khmer and English, which covers a core curriculum focused around the 4 disciplines of math, language arts, science and social studies. Computers, health, art, music, swimming and PE are incorporated throughout our program of learning to achieve a more integrated approach to education. FIS is licensed with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and is internationally accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Footprints International School is also registered with Cambridge International Examinations for our primary and secondary programs.
- Teach PE subject that is in line with Footprints International School Curriculum Guidelines
- Promote, coordinate and participate in sports activities throughout the school year
- Work with the School Principal in terms of planning and preparing lessons in advance to ensure that learning is kept within curriculum targets
- Record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students including initiating meetings with parents to discuss attainment and progress
- Maintain a disciplined class while promoting the general well-being of students
- Request and maintain resources to the required health and safety standards of the school and renew as necessary within budgetary allowance
- Coordinate with the Office Manager in booking sports facilities (e.g. swimming pools, soccer fields)
- Operate safely within the school vicinities or in other sports facilities
- Prepare a month scope and sequence outlining the activities that will be covered each month
- BS or BA degree holder (preferably holds a major in Physical Education/Sports Management)
- Teaching swimming classes a requirement
- Willing to do trainings with TAs on water safety
- Willing to do extra activities that are sports-related
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, CV and photo (jpeg file) to our email in the contact details.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. ALL DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.