Teachers for August 2017 (Native-English Speakers: Primary and Secondary Teachers) for Footprints International School
|11 February 2017|
|$1,100 - $1,600|
|Native English Speaker|
Footprints International School (FIS) is a school dedicated to raising the quality of education in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Established in 2007, the school has grown from just 10 students and has spread across 3 branches (5 campuses), with students from Nursery to Grade 10. We run a bilingual program, allowing students to develop competence in Khmer and English, which covers a core curriculum focused around the 4 disciplines of math, language arts, science and social studies. Computers, health, art, music, swimming and PE are incorporated throughout our program of learning to achieve a more integrated approach to education. FIS is licensed with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and is internationally accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Footprints International School is also registered with Cambridge International Examinations for our primary and secondary programs.
- The employee agrees to devote his/her entire productive time, ability, and attention during working hours to the expected duties of a Teacher at Footprints School and shall perform these duties in an ethical, professional, and respectful manner. The employee shall accept responsibility for the following:
- Instruct the set curriculum, preparing in advance all materials and lessons necessary to do so
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning by utilizing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Work closely with Teacher Assistant in evaluating students’ performance and accomplishments on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Teacher Assistant in recognizing student learning problems and make referrals if necessary
- Respect the confidentiality of student record and information
- Manage and keep an up-to-date class webpage
- Create a parent newsletter when requested
- Prepare a monthly overview document outlining what will be covered in your class (scope and sequence)
- Complete report cards each term for each student
- Provide care and ensure the safety and well-being of every child in the school
- Be responsible for ensuring adequate supervision of a safe recreation and play period for the students during class recess or break times
- Be available for Parent-Teacher conferences at the end of each term, which generally occur after hours or on a weekend
- Attend all school sponsored functions that occur during regular school hours, such as opening ceremony, graduation ceremony etc.
- Serve on committees when requested by management
- Attend public workshops and other events outside of regular school hours when given two (2) prior notice
- Make themselves available to speak with parents before or after classes, or when called upon by the school management to do so
- Maintain facilities, resources, and materials in his/her classroom and the school
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with other teachers and staff
- Perform administrative tasks as required by the school
- Check email daily during the working week
- Other reasonable tasks requested by the school management
- Holds a Bachelor degree in Education
- Must be a Native English Speaker
- Must be a registered/licensed teacher (TESOL, CELTA, TEFL not honored)
- Experience in teaching the Cambridge curriculum is an advantage
- Minimum of one year experience
- Must be passionate, responsible, reliable, resourceful, creative, dynamic and a team-player
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, CV and photo (jpeg file) to our email in the contact details.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. ALL DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.