Head of Evidence and Learning for Save the Children
|Research / Development, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|30 April 2019|
|At least 10 years|
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- The Head of Evidence & Learning will lead the Save the Children in Cambodia in building a culture of learning and becoming a leader in evidence-based programming. S/he is responsible for building the capacity of Save the Children staff and partners to maximise the use of evidence in programming and advocacy. S/he provides strategic guidance, quality oversight and technical support to research including impact evaluations, additional studies, process reviews, operations research, etc. Working with senior management and the Mekong Research and Evidence Advisor, the Head of Evidence & Learning mentors the Country Office team toward self-sufficiency in using of Evidence & Learning approaches to maximize impact for children.
- The Head of Evidence & Learning ensures that all Save the Children (SC) projects in Cambodia are assessed and evaluated in a systemic and strategic way that increases efficiency of resources and increases learning and evidence from projects through learning agendas and evidence generation priorities outlined in the Country Strategic Plan. In alignment with the Country Office Evidence & Learning Framework, the Head of Evidence & Learning will manage consultants and lead the Evidence & Learning team to achieve more effective, higher-quality evaluations and more directly apply learnings to program design and advocacy. S/He will also ensure evaluations data is produced in-line with the SC child rights-based approach, applying global ethical standards and maximizing child participation.
- The Head of Evidence & Learning will ensure that all evidence produced by the Country Office is packaged and stored in an information and knowledge management system that is accessible, relevant, and drives reflection on program quality and results. S/He will build Country Office Evidence & Learning and project team capacity to more effectively access, understand, and apply evidence; while ensuring opportunities for regular reflection and decision-making on data in their work.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Masters degree in Social Sciences or relevant equivalent, with at least significant coursework in quantitative or qualitative social research methods
- Minimum of 10 years experience in international development, with at least 3 years management experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in international development program monitoring & evaluation, developing and managing monitoring and learning systems, research, and overseeing baselines/evaluations.
- Experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, child rights governance, child poverty, health and nutrition
- Demonstrated experience in developing or overseeing data management solutions, and familiar with technologies in social research.
- Previous experience working in the field and understanding of country program operations. Experience working in SE Asia is a plus.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Passion for evidence-driven development programming and interest in ongoing international research
- Demonstrated skills in designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research and using research to inform program design and advocacy.
- Demonstrated capacity for leveraging project results towards broader systemic impact.
- Excellent analytical skills and appreciation for the complexities of social research, especially as pertains to deprivations of children’s rights in a country context such as Cambodia.
- Effective at collaborating and influencing across departments and sectors
- Excellent skills in training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams, in emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Khmer would be an advantage
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to email provided in the contact detail. For more information can contact via phone. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at website or facebook.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
More detail about Save the Children in Cambodia please go through this link
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children programs focus on Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection, Child Poverty and Humanitarian/DRR. We work with government partners and local NGOs to improve children’s lives, especially marginalized and disadvantaged children.
|Save the Children|
|023 223 403
023 223 404
023 223 405
023 223 406
CCC Box 59
|P.O. Box 34, Villa 5, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomouk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh|