Awards and Compliance Coordinator for Save the Children
|Accounting, Admin / Supervisory, Banking / Finance|
|Full time job|
|30th April 2019|
|Minimum 3 years|
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The role is responsible for supporting the Awards team to adhere to all award management obligations both internal to Save the Children and external with donors. This will include financial reports relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System (AMS). The purpose of this post is to work within the Awards Management Team:
- Award Compliance: to ensure that all award’s documentations and award’s records in the system are completed and up-to-date, as well as coordinate and track the monthly Awards Management Meeting (AMM).
- Financial reporting: to monitor the progress of all awards in terms of compliance through monthly budget vs. actual spending analysis as well as review and complete financial donor reports (support Finance)
- Partnerships compliance management: to lead the elaboration of sub partner agreements in line with SCI policies and procedures and keep all partner compliance documentation up to date
- Award close out: to ensure the closing of awards is done in compliance and in a timely manner in coordination with the Operations Department and other support units
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside of the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Commerce or Business Administration.
- Professional qualification relating to business and administrative or international development.
- Good negotiation, decision-making and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Patient, flexible, proactive, with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to improvise and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines.
- At least 3 years’ experience of grant management, partnership management, finance and/or and compliance.
- Financial and compliance management background with INGOs is a plus.
- Experience in working with different major donors’ and with partners.
- Experience working on project management in the development field, particularly around compliance and partnership management.
- Excellent knowledge of Ms. Office package (Advanced Excel). Experience in working with a Grant Management System is a plus.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners and to “translate” donor language related to guidelines and different requirements to ensure that both concept notes/proposals and project implementation are compliant with donor requirements.
- Good analytical skills in order to interpret large amounts of data, ability to identify and bring attention to potential or actual lapses in project performance in relation to donor requirements.
- Good research skills, ability to identify useful information to support the grant management objectives.
- Excellent English both oral and written.
- Methodical and with attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own performance and personal development.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team members, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment on regular occasions.
- Willingness to support Save the Children’s emergency work when required.
- Willingness to abide by SCI Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Willingness to contribute to emergency works such as planning and emergency response.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document to email provided in the contact detail. For more information can contact via phone. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at website or facebook.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
More detail about Save the Children in Cambodia please go through this link
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children programs focus on Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Rights Governance, Child Protection, Child Poverty and Humanitarian/DRR. We work with government partners and local NGOs to improve children’s lives, especially marginalized and disadvantaged children.
|Save the Children|
|023 223 403
023 223 404
023 223 405
023 223 406
CCC Box 59
|P.O. Box 34, Villa 5, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomouk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh|