Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Program Officer -PNS/Grant for World Vision Cambodia
|Engineering, Rural development|
|Full time job, Contract job|
|17 June 2019|
|$749 - $937|
|At least 5 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified local candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY19-F034
Position : Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Program Officer -PNS/Grant
Location : National Office
Salary : 749-937USD
Contract : 1 Year
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The overall purpose of this position is to support the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Program (WASH) in providing technical support on construction of water supply and sanitation facilities interventions mandated under Health/Nutrition and WASH program of World Vision.
The WASH Program Officer (WASH PO) will particularly focus on WASH related new construction works and services, implemented by WASH Project-PNS/Grant and/or construction contractors/companies and to monitor 15 water stations which already constructed to be sustained. The WASH PO will support WASH Projects-PNS/Grant to successfully implement its projects, to achieve the timely delivery of construction works and services, with adherence to relevant national, and corporate standards.
- Provide support to the WASH projects PNS/Grant for construction monitoring of water supply and sanitation facilities intervention
- Serve as a technical resource on development of WASH construction planning for the WASH Projects with PNS/Grant funding
- Support to WASH projects PNS/Grant for sustainability of water stations
- Support to Procurement Unit for Contracts management of construction works for WASH facilities
- Support the TP Manager for ongoing coordination with WASH Project managers-PNS/Grant for technical clarification, network meeting as well as donor reporting
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization. We recommend applying for the certificate upon application submission.
- Formal education in Civil engineering, Hydrology and Rural infrastructure
- Fluency in English and Khmer
- Professional knowledge of Computer Aided Designs (CAD)
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills and cross cultural sensitivity
- Professional knowledge on Global GIS and experiences on WASH GIS in rural Cambodia, particularly experience in GIS project with NGOs and UNs.
- Good facilitation skills, especially in leading training session
- At least 5 year experience in rural water supply projects in the public or NGOs sector
- Experience in design drawing, Bill of Quantity (BoQ)and implementation training/Capacity-building strategies on environment science, WASH facilities construction interventions,
- Previous experience in designing communication plans and development of IEC materials on safe water use promotion and water quality
- Please follow the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia, Download the WV application form and APPLY ONLINE submitting your World Vision Application Form, CV and Cover Letter.
- If you cannot see the job announcement on World Vision website through the link above(1):
Please copy job ID: NO-FY19-F034 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: email@example.com or contact us at Tel: 023 216 052 Ext: 121
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 17th June 2019, at 5:00 PM
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052