Human Resource (People and Culture) Director for Cambodia/Laos for World Vision Cambodia
Human Resource (People and Culture) Director for Cambodia/Laos for World Vision Cambodia
|Business Administration, Execute. / Management, HR, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|30th August 2019 2019-08-10 2019-08-30|
|At least 8 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY19-F049
Position : Human Resource (People and Culture) Director for Cambodia/Laos
Location : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Local position - no relocation assistance available.
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide strategic leadership to WVI Cambodia and WVI Laos in the area of people management & organizational development in order to optimize organizational performance, fulfill World Vision’s mission, vision, and core values, and to contribute to the measurable improvement of the well-being of vulnerable children and communities in Cambodia and Laos.
The P&C Director is based in Cambodia with primary focus on leading the P&C function in WVI Cambodia and peripheral support to WVI Laos.
Is responsible for developing and promoting P&C strategy, leadership development and sustainability, staff and organizational well-being, performance and accountability culture, diverse and talented workforce with the right set of mindsets and behaviors, internal and external networking for greater impact and a professional and sustainable P&C function in the organization.
Plays a key role in assessing internal and external environment in the workplace demands to ensure a proper change management and organizational culture approach, that considers local context and lead actions on attracting and retaining qualified work force, appropriate to local context.
Strategy Development and Execution:
- Provide strategic guidance and input to the National Director and the Senior Leadership Team in the alignment and execution of the Field Office Strategy and business plans with Our Promise.
- Develop and implement the People and Culture (P&C) strategy and business plans in support of and in alignment with country, regional and global strategic priorities.
- Spearhead the monitoring and reporting of people & culture metrics related to talent acquisition, development, retention, partnering for performance, employee engagement and organizational leadership.
Promoting Leadership Quality and Sustainability:
- Build the capacity, depth and breadth of Field Office and project leadership to meet the evolving leadership needs, to realize Our Promise and to enable transformational mindsets and behaviours in the changing environment.
- Identify and nurture globally, regionally and in-country mobile talent to support leadership and career development, succession planning and retention of high potential managers and leaders. and to prepare a pipeline for future leadership.
- Design and spearhead the development of staff capacity, including mindsets and behaviors, to work effectively in the local context.
- Design and execute an orientation and on-boarding strategy that will enable staff to understand Our Promise and its implications on World Vision’s work in different contexts.
Organizational Development and Change Management:
- Organization Development initiatives reflect excellent change management principles to gain traction and make lasting organization wide change.
- Culture Management plans are in place across divisions and are focused on strategic behaviors and capabilities.
- Leadership development programs are in place that produce cultural alignment, build leadership skills and develop behaviors consistent with WVI Cambodia and WVILaos values and expectations of leaders.
- Ability to manage small and large scale changes working very closely with the Leadership Team.
- Provides in-depth understanding of Organizational Designs and workforce planning.
Ensuring Staff Engagement and Well-Being:
- Maximise staff well-being to enable staff to embrace the opportunities and challenges in meeting Our Promise. Contextualise, promote and support systems, services and programs for staff well-being.
- Execute the Our Voice survey and leverage the results to enhance Staff and Organisational Well-being. Together with all staff (getting their feedback) the senior leadership team, plan and drive measurable improvements in Organisational Leadership, Culture, Agility and Effectiveness.
- Strengthen the quality of Staff Care and Peer Support interventions.
- Identify the organisational culture gaps and plan culture change interventions to promote leadership and staff mindset & behaviour changes to deliver our promise to the most vulnerable children.
- Design and execute compensation and benefits strategy, systems and processes in alignment to Our Promise that enable the organisation to attract and retain required staff.
Promoting Accountability and Performance Culture:
- In consultation with ND, Operations and Leadership team, recommending an appropriate structure realignment processes to match program requirements, including pre-positioning for diversified funding.
- Spearhead the partnering for performance process.
- Keep WVI Cambodia and WVI Laos P&C Policies up to date, in alignment to global and regional P&C Policies and in compliance with Local Laws and context.
- Ensure people management risks are identified and the organisation regularly reviews and implements adequate risk mitigation measures for fragile, conflict and response areas.
- Provide leadership in educating staff on employee relations and investigations protocol and ensure cases are managed confidentially and promptly.
- Support a culture of faith literacy and awareness of diversity. And promote principles for effective interfaith engagement in multi-faith contexts, as appropriate.
Developing Capable and available Workforce:
- Spearhead the acquisition and prepositioning of a diverse and talented workforce using work force planning
- Ensure that the Field Office recruitment policy, system and processes are well established for acquiring talent with required competencies, mindsets and behaviours required to realise Our Promise.
- Promote gender diversity through appropriate identification of talent at all levels.
Developing a Strategic and Professional People & Culture Team:
- Ensure that the People & Culture function has the required capacity, capability, systems, processes, policies and guidelines to drive transformation of mindsets and behaviours and realisation of Our Promise.
- Promote a customer centric culture in the People & Culture function, ensuring professionalism and accountability in delivering services to staff and leaders.
- Provide overall leadership and technical support to the P&C team, coaching and mentoring the team through regular meetings, sharing and monitoring individual plans to support professional growth and development.
- Design efficient P&C systems and processes with a particular focus on process excellence and ensure that Our People is fully operational with accurate and complete information for decision making.
Promoting External and Internal Coordination:
- Establish proactive linkages and strategic networks with key International NGOs and other stakeholders at the national and international level for broader impact and also to keep abreast of the ongoing changes in the external environment.
- Consistently develop and maintain effective working relationships with Regional P&C, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and different departments including field based program managers.
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization. We recommend applying for the certificate upon application submission.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or Social Sciences. Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management or Organisational Development (OD) or Leadership Development.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of HR management and staff development, and knowledge of HR and OD practices, group processes and dynamics and able to understand and apply it in Asian context is essential.
- At least 8 years experience in Organisational Development and Human Resources Management or related fields, in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context.
- Having prior grass root & Field experience in Asia.
- Proven networking , collaborative and team building skills.
- Understand WV vision, mission, policies, procedures, core documents and ethos.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, analyze and solve complex issues and create solutions.
- Significant 3-5 years of senior level leadership experience in an international environment.
- The candidate should have a personal calling, passion for service.
- Understand the Humanitarian industry.
- People development in a cross-cultural setting and implemented organisational change at leadership level.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Visionary thinking and understanding of humanitarian operations in Asian context.
- Proven record of managing people in a diverse cross-cultural and interfaith settings and initiating and implementing organisational change.
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – Ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Familiarity with INGO international staffing policies and sound knowledge of Regional/ Country labour laws.
- Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex Human Resources problems.
- Proven conceptual & analytical skills and systems thinking.
- Agile decision making - knowledge for P&C/global policies at hand to facilitate decisions.
- Personal resilience in the face of complex and evolving contexts.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Have developed second liners.
- Team player.
- Champions and manages innovation.
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work.
- External engagement, internal engagement and networking skills.
- Very good OD and change management skills especially the ability to design and execute OD interventions.
- Experience in emergency response scenario planning process.
- Peer mentoring and coaching from a seasoned leader who has worked in these contexts long enough.
The position is based in Phnom Penh with regular visit to Regional Offices in the field programs in Cambodia and quarterly visits to support WVI Laos. Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Position support at least 10% of time P&C area in WV Laos.
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY19-F049 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: email@example.com or contact us at Tel: 023 216 052
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 30 August 2019 at 5:00 PM
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052
|Phnom Penh, Cambodia|