District Officer for WATHNAKPHEAP
|Community Development, Health/Medical|
|Full time job|
|23 August 2019|
|$300 - $350|
|At least 3 years|
Wathnakpheap (WP) is a local Cambodian NGO which was localised from International NGO, SKIP (Pestalozzi Children Village’s Foundation) and was registered with the Government since 1997. Wathnakpheap has more 15 years extensive experience working with a variety of partners, including local NGOs, international NGOs, and private companies, and for a wide range of donors, including government agencies, multilateral organisations and corporate foundations. Wathnakpheap has been implementing projects for 4 program areas such as 1) Community Led Child Nutrition; 2) Education for all; 3) Good Governance and Civic Engagement; 4) Resilient Livelihood.
Currently we are seeking qualified candidates to fill for positions as the following below:
- District Officer (1 Position)
- Works with PO(s), Provincial Coordinator, and technical specialists (SBCC Specialist, Agriculture Specialist, WASH Specialist, M&E Specialist, CCT Specialist, etc.)
- Implement integrated project activities in a timely and effective manner following the approved work plan and budget parameters
- According to the work plan, visit each village in the appointed area regularly to ensure quality implementation and monitoring data collection
- Follow action to correct implementation issues as requested by the PO
- Facilitate routine project communication with local government authorities, including Village and Commune Chiefs, contribute to the relevant discussion on the Commune Investment Plan.
- Work with community agents, caregiver support groups and WASH focal points in support of child growth monitoring and promotion, home visits, caregiver groups, CLTS triggering and follow-up, conditional cash transfer, vouchers, and other activities according to the workplan
- Provide logistical support to the integrated NOURISH activities within appointed district area as requested by the PO
- Support high-profile site visits by the donor, US government officials, Royal Government of Cambodia, etc.
- Promote core NOURISH-supported behaviours in health/nutrition, WASH and agriculture
- Ensure accountability and effective use of NOURISH project assets (e.g. motorcycles, computers, cars, etc.)
- Contribute to NOURISH Monitoring and Evaluation efforts by collecting data as per USAID-approved Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, project reporting schedule and quality standards, including spot checking
- Submit Activity Note of any event weekly and monthly report on time to PO
- Assist PO in project progress reporting (matching with financial reports)
- Coordinate with SPO/PO for technical training and coaching opportunities, as needed.
- At least 3 years of experience in health/nutrition, water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), agriculture programming
- Proven experience working in communities to empower community structures and build ownership of programming
- Willingness and commitment to support community empowerment and action through routine coaching and monitoring
- An understanding of causes of malnutrition and ability to build a relationship with Community Agents to establish trust and mutual commitment to effectively work together
- Ability to work and explain complicated concepts to government officials at village, commune, district levels
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team with patience and flexibility
- Must be willing to live in area of project intervention (OEC only)
- Fluency in local languages and English is preferred
- Be patient and have good work commitment
- Able to drive a motorbike on difficult roads.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed CV with a Cover Letter (Please merge your CV and Cover Letter into 1 file only) to WP address, or by email to Ms. Pheng Sophanna, Admin/HR Officer by using the contact detail.
(Please do not attach certificates). Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
This Job will require the applicant to applicant to pass a criminal and child protection background check.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Wathnakpheap (WP) is a local Cambodian NGO which was localised from International NGO, SKIP (Pestalozzi Children Village’s Foundation) and was registered with the Government since 1997. Wathnakpheap has more 15 years extensive experience working with a variety of partners, including local NGOs, international NGOs, and private companies, and for a wide range of donors, including government agencies, multilateral organisations and corporate foundations. Wathnakpheap has implemented projects in the areas of child labour, climate change adaptation, early childhood care and development, education, good governance, health, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH.
|023 217 449 (Office)|
|085 235 653 (Mobile)|
|Wathnakpheap Head Office #12BB, Street 101, Sangkat Boeung Trabek, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|