Community Development Facilitator for Health & WASH for Good Neighbors Cambodia
|Health/Medical, Nurse, Public Health|
|Full time job|
|02 September 2019|
|At least 1 year|
Good Neighbors Cambodia (GNC) is the field country office of Good Neighbors International working in 36 countries in the world. GNC is implementing long-term development program focusing on sponsorship, child protection, education, health, WASH, income generation & partnership building and advocacy in 7 Community Development Programs in 4 provinces and 1 city of Cambodia; and we are expanding more programs to other provinces to meet our rapid growth. GNC is now working with key sustainability partners and relevant department of government and NGOs to promote positive impact to vulnerable people, especially children.
We are inviting motivated and qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following positions:
- Community Development Facilitator for Health & WASH, 01 មុខដំណែង សម្រាប់គម្រោងអភិវឌ្ឍន៏សហគមន៏ស្រុកកោះញែក ខេត្តមណ្ឌលគីរី
- Build good relationships and communicate GNC’s identity to all appropriate stakeholders to know GNC clearly.
- Build close relationships and learn actively within communities partners through home visits, attending community social events to make the community trust.
- Network actively with Provincial Health Department (PHD) Operation District (OD),Health Centre (HC), Village Health Support Groups (VHSGs) and local authorities other stakeholders/partners and facilitate the communities to strengthen community relationship and training or awareness session.
Community Formation and Capacity building
- Facilitate formation of, Provincial of Rural Development Department (PDRD), Provincial Health Department (PHD),Operation District (OD), Health Centre (HC), Commune Council (CC) and Village Health Support Groups (VHSGs) Community Development Committee (CDC) and ongoing capacity building of new and existing groups/cooperatives for holistic sustainable development.
- Train community key partners on Behaviours Change Community (BCC) appropriate skills, Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) and methods to improve their capacity and owner to transform community.
- Participate actively as a key member in OD workshop and monthly meeting, Health and WASH action learning network and other learning events for reflection and learning to improve the quality of work and community well-being.
- Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities to transform their mind set to find what improving.
Planning, Implementation and Community Mobilization
- Facilitate community visioning and planning processes with OD, HCs, VHSGs, and other key sustainability partners to strengthen their group to be sustainable.
- Collaborate with team (CDFs for Education, Income Generation, SSF and other staffs) in planning and implementation processes that mainstream transformational development and child protection within assigned communities.
- Develop Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) to implement activities in effective and timely manner.
- Mobilize local resources, participation and ownership for development initiatives in Health and WASH.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitate community people and key partners to reflect, learn, share best practices on community empowerment and development.
- Facilitate the key sustainability partners to implement monitoring process and indicators to evaluate the quality of project.
- Facilitate community partners to use Case Study/Most Significant Change (MSC) and other evidence-based monitoring process to see the progress.
- Submit reports (monthly, semi and annually or others) and monitoring system in quality and timely manner.
- To participate in monitoring and evaluation team to collect information to see CDP’s impacts.
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Associated or bachelor degree of nurse/midwifery/public health, rural development or relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year of appropriate professional experience in health and WASH or community development.
- Good development facilitation including empowerment, Behaviors Change Community (BCC), community mobilization, Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS), social accountability and transformational development.
- Good interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Honest and trustworthy, hardworking and willing to learn
- Willing to work with the vulnerable and children.
- Competent in written English communication, computer literate (Ms. word, Excel, PPT)
- Willing travel overnight stay in the community
Beside basic salary, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and other benefits such as 13th month salary, seniority fund, health, life and accident insurance for 24 hour and phone card allowance.
All interested candidates are required to send their Cover Letter and CV including salary expectation with 3 references to Mr. Suon Mean, Administration & Human Resource Department Manager, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not attach any certificates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. All applicants are highly encouraged to visit GNC’s website and official Facebook page to discover more of our activities and get updated with new opportunity.
The deadline for application is 02nd September, 2019.
Candidates will be expected to comply with Good Neighbors Cambodia's child protection policy.
GNC Head Office:
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Good Neighbors Cambodia (GNC) is the field country office of Good Neighbors International working in 37 countries in the world. GNC is implementing long-term development program focusing on sponsorship, child protection, education, health, WASH, income generation & partnership building and advocacy in 9 Community Development Programs in 5 provinces of Cambodia; and we are expanding more programs to other provinces to meet our rapid growth. GNC is now working with key sustainability partners and relevant department of government and NGOs to promote positive impact to vulnerable people, especially children.
|Good Neighbors Cambodia|
|Mr. Suon Mean, Administration & Human Resource Department Manager|
|023 880 557|