English Teacher Aide for AIM School
|Full time job|
|19 September 2019|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time English Teacher Aide. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
JOB PURPOSE: To assist the head teacher in the classroom
- Adhere to AIM’s Mission, Vision, Values and Statement of Faith.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, regularly attending church. Follow Biblical moral standards inside and outside of school, living and working to be a good example like Christ.
- Be a model of humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and compassion.
- Attend and actively participate in trainings to learn about a variety of topics related to personal, spiritual, and professional growth, as well as policies and procedures.
- Assist head teachers and follow their directions regarding how to help in the classroom
- Reinforce classroom instruction by aiding the head teacher in preparing and teaching lessons
- Supervise children (bathroom, halls, outside, etc.) and inside the classroom as crowd control
- Assist teacher by taking sick children to the nurse/ office and bringing the child back to the classroom after
- Prepare classroom tools: copies, handouts, manipulatives, supplies
- Assist teacher in one-on-one needs with students, giving extra help inside the classroom
- Organize the classroom- supplies, furniture, cleanup
- Maintain professionalism in word, dress and actions
- Treat all children with patience, dignity and respect
- Assist in supporting other school functions, as assigned by the director or supervisor
- Education: High School graduate preferred
- Experience: Two- years successful experience working with children (in school, work or church context)
- Must be Christian
- No criminal record
- Active member of a local Christian church
- Pastor’s reference
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Work well on a team
- A strong desire to work with children of all ages and see them learn and grow academically and spiritually
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply western educational strategies and principles.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays
- Lunch provided
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications