Operations Manager for AIM School
|Business Administration, Manufacture / Operations|
|Full time job|
|19 September 2019|
|At least 2 years|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time Operations Manager. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
Purpose: to ensure the smooth daily operations of the school in the areas of the school that supports the function of the school across all departments.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, regularly attending church. Follow Biblical moral standards inside and outside of school, living and working to be a good example like Christ
- Be a model of humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and compassion
- Attend and actively participate in trainings and learn about a variety of topics related to personal, spiritual, and professional growth, as well as policies and procedures
- Adhere to AIM’s Mission, Vision, Values and Statement of Faith.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Seek staff unity, reconciliation and restoration
- Have knowledge of, or is willing to learn about trauma, including but not limited to; symptoms, linked behaviors, healing, secondary trauma and prevention
- Lead and manage AIM School cleaning staff, maintenance staff, security staff and food services staff - including supervising staff, arranging schedules and coordinating activities and needs across all school departments
- Coordinate with school leaders about special events and the cleaning, food services, security, and maintenance needs for these events.
- Facilitate the clear and convenient communication across school departments and among staff regarding cleaning, food services, security and school maintenance
- Problem solves any issues regarding cleaning, food services, security or school maintenance.
- Ensure that that the cleaning, cooking, security and maintenance staffs have all necessary supplies and resources needed to effectively do their jobs.
- Handle cash flow related to general school operations, including cleaning, cooking, maintenance, security, asset replacement/repair, and grounds keeping
- Maintain records and schedule upkeep of school vehicles
- Coordinate all grounds keeping activities related to keeping the entire school grounds clean, orderly, and well maintained, including landscaping and building appearance.
- Coordinate work with outside repair and maintenance workers
- Coordinate and manage all activities related to construction or renovation projects
- Keep detailed schedules for the maintenance and replacement of assets
- Keep detailed records of all storage spaces
- Maintain updated records of all school asset and furniture allocations and locations
- Ensure smooth payment of utility bills, handling any issues and communication with utility companies
- Ensure proactive upkeep of electrical and plumbing systems.
- Maintain good relationships with outside vendors or business partnerships (as applicable to operations), staying in close communication, resolving problems, and arranging appreciation gifts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken;
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Excel and the internet
- Understanding and familiarity with Cambodian law and customs
- Work well in a team
- Ability to solve problems and think critically
- Manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Organized and able to manage information
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays
- Lunch provided
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications