Social Work Team Leader for AIM School
|Educate / Train / Teaching, Social Science, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|19th September 2019|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time Social Work Team Leader. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
JOB PURPOSE: Work under the Director of Student Services to lead other social worker for AIM School students through supervision, training and development of staff, plus oversight of weekly home visit scheduling, planning, and day-to-day work within the department.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness of Jesus Christ. Regularly attend church and pray.
- Exhibit and model humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and genuine empathy.
- Seek staff unity, reconciliation and restoration.
- Know & understand all AIM and AIM School Social Work policy.
- Help to lead orientation for new social workers
- Help to lead ongoing social worker training for the Student Services department.
- Maintain a small caseload of student cases.
- Supervise team social workers providing guidance, support and encouragement for specific cases.
- Meet regularly with supervisees and follow AIM School Supervisor Policy.
- Assign new social work cases as needed.
- Meet regularly with department leadership to report about staff or case problems and receive guidance about action points.
- Check that every supervisee accurately completes all case documentation (family assessments, home visits, etc.), auditing as necessary, and reporting problems to department leadership as needed.
- Support Social Workers in the team to ensure they are correctly carrying out their role.
- Lead weekly team meetings, assigning action points and scheduling home visits.
- Facilitate spending requests from social workers to department leadership, approving as permitted.
- Be available to Social Workers for consulting on cases as needed and approving decisions. Seek advice and approval from the department leadership when needed.
- Attend external meetings and trainings as needed as a representative of AIM School staff.
- Cooperate with the General Relations staff to provide any social work information requested by the government.
- Attend all necessary AIM School trainings, and be open to learning and developing management and leadership skills.
- Keep all that is read, heard or translated in the strictest confidentiality.
- Speak of Agape International Missions, our staff, our partners, participants in our programs, and other organizations with respect and honor across all communication platforms, faithfully praying for each.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or working on bachelor’s degree (currently enrolled in university)
- Experience: Social Work experience required, leadership/management experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Must be Christian
- No criminal record
- Active member of a local Christian church
- Pastor’s reference
Skills and Abilities
- Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred
- Computer literate
- Ability to work alone and take initiative
- Ability to work within the student services department
- Ability to lead a team, even when it involves difficult decisions
- Ability to solve problems, think critically and make effective decisions
- Ability to manage conflict and discipline effectively
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to train, mentor and manage staff
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to be adapted for different audiences
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays
- Lunch provided
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team