English Teacher for AIM School
|19 September 2019|
|At least 1 year|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time English Teacher. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
JOB PURPOSE: To carry out the professional duties of teaching and have responsibility for assigned classes. Help students develop the Basic English skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing. Be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and safety and welfare of the pupils. Promote the Christian and educational aims and objectives of the school.
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment, which helps children learn and grow
- Maintain a Christian focus and atmosphere in the classroom.
- Decorate, arrange and maintain a bright, stimulating classroom.
- Identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenges and high expectations.
- Plan and prepare lessons (daily and weekly lesson plans) to deliver the AIM School English curriculum.
- Maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- Maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
- Communicate as needed with parents and social workers regarding children’s English language development, classroom behavior and general well-being, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Work closely together with English Teachers-in-Training assigned to your class as well as other volunteers or aides.
- Participate in student home visits twice yearly or as assigned.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduation from High School--required. University degree in English or education field preferred.
- Experience: At least one-year successful experience teaching English required (this can be Fulfilled by completing the AIM School English TNT program). Two years of previous Successful work with children in a church, school, or organizational context, required.
- Must be Christian
- No criminal record
- Active member of a local Christian church
- Pastor’s reference
Skills and Abilities
- Feel gifted and called by God to work with children
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Work well on a team
- A strong desire to work with children and see them learn and grow academically and spiritually
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Ability to prepare and plan effectively
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply western educational strategies and principles
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family
- Paid holidays
- Lunch provided
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications