Silk Research and Innovation Expert for Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
|17th September 2019|
|Minimum 25 years|
The Higher Education Improvement Project (HEIP) was approved by the World Bank on April 26, 2018 and became effective on 17 September 2018. The HEIP activities are funded by an International Development Association (IDA) Credit of US$ 90.0 million equivalent and US$2.5 million from the Royal Government of Cambodia. It is expected to be implemented over a 6-year period – starting in July 2018 and ending in June 2024. The project aims to strengthen higher education systems and support the development of legislation for autonomous HEIs. The project is now seeking for the positions as below:
- Silk Research and Innovation Expert
- A PhD degree or special expertise in an appropriate discipline from an internationally recognized and accredited university
- At least have 25 years of experience in fundamental research and teaching in sericulture in general, and in physiology and silkworm rearing.
- Proven track record of (i) academic publications, preferably those related to Cambodia or Southeast Asian context, and (ii) acquisition of competitive scientific grants
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a major research university, preferably at a position of Associate Professor or above, with duties that included supervising Masters and PhD level students
- Experiences in working with/for large industries would be an advantage
- Demonstrated high-level analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing, preferably with international peer-reviewed scientific publications in reputed English-language journals
- Experience in training and capacity building.
The Ministry of Education Youth and Sport invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individual consultants to undertake the above-mentioned services. The Individual Consultant will be selected in accordance with World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing (IPF) dated July 1, 2016, revised November 2017 and the Kingdom of Cambodia's Updated Procurement Manual for all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, promulgated pursuant to Sub-Decree 74 on Promulgating the Updated Standard Procedures for Implementing all Externally Financed Projects/Programs, dated May 22, 2012 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines.
In submitting their expressions of interest, the interested candidates are kindly requested to provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating their personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, and experience in similar assignments, along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
Interested candidates may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address or e mail provided in the contact detail during office hours from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30 hours, Monday through Friday, except public holidays. Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address provided by email or hard copy, no later than the closing date before 17:30 hours.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Ministry of Education Youth and Sport|
|023 220 412 (Office)
023 220 927 (Office)
|023 215 202|
|2nd Floor, Street 380, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh|