Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer for Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
|Resources & Environment, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|20th October 2019|
|At least 2 years|
The Wildlife Conservation Society
WCS Cambodia Program
WCS works in over 60 countries to save wildlife and wild places through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. The WCS Cambodia Program has worked since 1999 to support the Cambodian Government to conserve wildlife, develop and implement policy, develop understand and enforce the law, and especially to implement field projects at seven main sites around Cambodia.
WCS Cambodia is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Community Protected Area (CPA) Officer to be based at Kompong Thom province. This position requires an individual who is able to travel to remote areas for up to 3 weeks at a time, with Kompong Thom as home base. The work will take place in Northern Tonle Sap Protected Landscapes, Kampong Thom province.
The position is based in Kompong Thom Province
Reports to: USAID GPL Governance Team Leader KPT, and WCS Landscape Technical Advisor
- Assist to develop community protected areas (CPAs) in the Northern Tonle Sap Protected Landscapes
- Assist to conduct awareness raising related to project activities and natural resource management in consultation with the Mapping teams and Patrol teams in target area.
- Assist to train and/or facilitate CPA committee members
- Assist in making work plans, budgets and manage activities for community team
- Be responsible for all data collection, collation and filing of all activity conducted, and ensure that the quality of reporting is reliable.
- Promote local awareness of the laws of Cambodia relating protected areas, land law and other aspect related to wildlife conservation and environmental education as well as the objectives and philosophy of the program.
- Maintain good communications with both the local authorities and local communities to promote mutual trust and strong program-stakeholder relationships.
- Assist with the production of technical reports and minutes of meetings.
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management, social work, or related fields.
- At least 2 years field work experience particularly on the development of community protected areas in Cambodia.
- Experience in training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in Khmer.
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skills in English.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Able to work in remote area with low levels of technical support on site, with significant portions of time spent living and working in communities.
- Ability to travel by motorbike and boat.
- Maintain good team discipline and motivation.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences.
Interested candidates are invited to send by email and required to send cover letters together with cv by combining into one PDF file (with expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 20th October 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address: House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
|Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)|
|023 217 205|
|House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh|