Senior Technical Specialist for Education for World Vision Cambodia
|Community Development, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|15th November 2019|
$1,280 - $1,600
|Minimum 5 years|
NOTE: ONLY CAMBODIAN NATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) Cambodian candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY20-F003
Position : Senior Technical Specialist for Education
Location : National Office
Salary : 1,280 USD – 1,600 USD Competitive and negotiable dependent on your experience and qualifications
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide oversight and management to WVI-Cambodia’s Education technical specialist unit to maximise the impact of World Vision’s technical programming in the lives of vulnerable children in Cambodia.
To provide sector technical assistance and oversight to WVI-Laos, contributing to ensure quality and evidence-based programming(up to 10%).
- Provide oversight and coordination of Education technical unit to ensure technical approaches, technical programmes and technical assistance to programme implementers is high quality and contributes to the sustained well-being of children in communities in alignment with WVI-Cambodia National Strategy and Our Promise 2030.
- Lead technical capacity building planning (and delivery when appropriate) for TPOs and TPCs to ensure programme implementation in Cambodia is a high standard.
- Lead and promote external representation such that WVI-Cambodia is seen as a partner of choice of Support Offices, donor and peer agencies for its technical expertise and evidence base of child well-being impact.
- Working with the WVI-Cambodia Advocacy Technical Lead, contribute to WVI’s advocacy agenda and actions at the national and local levels in Cambodia result in improved outcomes for children.
- Provide sector technical assistance and oversight to WVI-Laos as agreed to strengthen the quality of programme design and implementation for improved outcomes for children.
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- Master’s Degree in international development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems, innovate, persuade, network and negotiate
- Programming knowledge of a specific WV ministry sector
- Strong strategic and operational planning skills and ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor.
- Fluency in English required.
- At least 5 years programme management experience in an international development organization
- At least 3 years of experience in a NGO sector technical role in a developing context
- Demonstrated experience in programme or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Experience in representation to government, donor & UN agencies
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F003 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email or contact us at phone number provided in the contact detail.
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 15th November 2019 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|