Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) Officer for Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
|31st December 2019|
$500 - $600
|Minimum 2 years|
Positions : SRP Officer
Project Name : WCS-GPL Cambodia Program
Duty Station : GPL Kampong Thom province
Managed by :
- USAID GPL Livelihood Manger (KPT)
- WCS Landscape Technical Advisor
WCS works in over 60 countries to save wildlife and wild places through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. The WCS Cambodia Program has worked since 1999 to support the Cambodian Government to conserve wildlife, develop and implement policy, develop understand and enforce the law, and especially to implement field projects at seven main sites around Cambodia.
WCS Cambodia is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of SRP Officer to be based at GPL Kampong Thom province. This position requires an individual who is able to travel to remote areas for up to 3 weeks at a time, with Kampong Thom as home base. The work will take place in Northern Tonle Sap Protected Landscapes, Kampong Thom province.
SRP Officer is focused on establishing a suitable official farmer organization for SRP rice group producers, and capacity building within new farmer organization related to Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) and management in the sustainable way.
Report to: SRP Team Leader
Report to job holder: N/A
Due report: Monthly work plan, monthly technical report
- Assist and lead in developing project activities plan
- Establish a suitable official farmer organization for SRP rice group producers
- Promote SRP at village, commune and district level
- Provide training SRP standard, performance and indicators, and farmer diary to local communities
- Monitor SRP farmer’s activities and farmer diary
- Support SRP data collection
- Provide feedback and looking for SRP standard improvement to SRP farmer
- Build good working relationships with relevant community groups, committees, partner organization and supply chain operators.
- Build capacity of members in new farmer organization on management in the sustainable way
- Submit monthly work and advance request to project coordinator
- Any other duties deemed necessary by line managers
- Bachelor Degree in Agronomy or related fields.
- At least 2-years work experience particularly on sustainable rice cultivation and agriculture extension, or experience in applying agricultural practice in any specific field in Cambodia.
- Experience on Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) or environmentally friendly agriculture would be good asset.
- Understanding agriculture value chain concept
- Experience in training and facilitation skills
- Be able to handle project tasks with less supervision
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills in Khmer.
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skills in English.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to work in remote area with low levels of technical support on site, with significant portions of time spent living and working in communities.
- Ability to travel by motorbike
- Maintain good team discipline and motivation.
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 31st December 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address: House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
|Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)|
|023 217 205|
|House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh|