Procurement Officer for Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
|31st December 2019|
|Minimum 2 years|
Title : Procurement Officer
Project : Operation (CORE)
Location : WCS Phnom Penh Office based
Reports to : Mr. Kang Davan, Grant and Donor Compliance Manager
Purpose of Position:
This position will support on all procurement in office operation and field office. The Procurement Officer will work closely with Grant and Donor Compliance Manager in order to strengthen Procurement work ensure the compliance with donor policy and provide comprehensive support to WCS Cambodia Program and staff.
- Control and perform all procurement activities, goods and services in compliance with WCS and donor procurement policies.
- Facilitate all procurement bidding process, procurement committee in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice in regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards.
- Keep and maintain all procurements contracts and agreements in both soft and hard documents
- Coordinate with Project, Program Manager to submit annual procurement plan and implementation and quarterly update.
- Manage procurement tracker and maintain procurement request and procurement order control log register.
- Develop list of contract and agreement and update regularly on every quarter. Recommend for renewal of contract as necessary.
- Ensure all procurement paid within the agreed timeline and before project closure
- Coordinate with Administration officer on goods delivery to project staff and conduct fixed asset register and physical count semi-annual and annual,
- Manage long-term supplier, to ensure all standard clauses are included and all supporting document are sufficiency.
- Ensure all asset are register to inventory list before distribute to each user
- Provide quick and smooth procurement support especially in emergencies
- Provide procurement process training, orientation to project team and focal person.
- Coordinate with project team to provide procurement training to partner or sub-grantee if appropriate on donor procurement rules and regulation.
- Ensure quality standards are met through administration of purchasing complaints and resolutions provided
- Ensure all Tax and Withholding tax policies are implemented with supplier and ensure project have budget to cover these
- Perform check prior to procurement order for all suppliers
- Maintain vendor relationships and record in the database
- Prepare quarterly procurement analysis and submit to manager
- Conduct other duties as required by manager.
As well any and all other work assignments, duties, and/or functions as WCS or its management may designate or instruct in the course of its operation, which may include assignments, duties, and/or functions that vary from the above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in procurement, administration in an international organisation
- Good knowledge of administration process of visa, office licence, etc.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and effective decision making ability
- Strong time management skills and ability to undertake multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and Khmer
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in accounting would be an advantage but not essential.
- Working with people from diverse backgrounds multi-cultural environment
- Experience in supervising a range of staff undertaking administrative duties
- Communications and negotiation
- Good Teamwork, Interpersonal skills, Critical thinking, Organizing skills.
- Demonstrates WCS behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly
- Adheres to WCS values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is 31st December 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address: House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)|
|023 217 205|
|House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh|
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.