Education Technical Programme Lead for World Vision Cambodia
Education Technical Programme Lead for World Vision Cambodia
Hurry!!!This job application will be closed on 19th January 2020. Apply Now
|Full time job|
|19th January 2020 2019-12-20 2020-01-19|
|At least 5 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference.We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) Cambodian National to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY20-F013
Position : Education Technical Programme Lead
Location : Cambodia – (Preferred, National Office Phnom Penh)
Salary :Competitive and negotiable as per qualifications & experience
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide leadership and results-based management to the Education technical programme and technical team to maximise the impact of World Vision in the lives of vulnerable children in Cambodia.
To provide sector technical assistance to WVI-Laos, contributing to ensure quality and evidence-based programming (up to 10%).
The Education Technical Programme Lead ensures that the education technical team supports nation-wide contribution towards the national strategic objective for Education. This includes leadership of programme design, programme implementation, reporting, research and learning for continuous programme improvement and innovation, and advocacy engagement.
- To provide leadership and coordination of sector technical specialist units to ensure that education technical programme guidance and support to local staff is of high quality and contributes to the sustained well-being of children in communities – in alignment with WVI-Cambodia National Strategy and Our Promise.
- To lead capacity building for technical and operations staff to ensure education programme implementation in Cambodia is of a high standard.
- To lead and promote external representation, including donor relations, such that WVI-Cambodia is seen as a partner of choice of Support Offices, donor and peer agencies for its technical expertise and evidence base of child well-being impact.
- Working with the WVI-Cambodia Advocacy Technical Lead, ensure WVI’s advocacy agenda and actions at the national and local levels in Cambodia result in improved outcomes for children.
- To provide sector technical assistance to WVI-Laos as agreed to strengthen the quality of programme design and implementation for improved outcomes for children
- World Vision’s Core Competencies focus WV staff and leaders on the most critical competencies that will maintain our values and grow our organisational agility and effectiveness to drive us towards achieving our global strategy, Our Promise.
- Competencies describe the behaviours we expect to see our people demonstrate to do their job well – now and into the future. They show what effective performance looks like in action. There are ‘core competencies’ and ‘technical or job-specific competencies’, and our people need the right mix of both to be successful in their roles.
- Core Competencies for All Staff: There are eight Core Competencies for All Staff that apply to everyone in World Vision: Be Safe and Resilient; Build Relationships; Learn and Develop; Partner and Collaborate; Deliver Results; Be Accountable; Improve and Innovate; Embrace Change.
- Core Competencies for Leaders: There are four Core Competencies for Leaders: Model Self-Management; Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others; Run an Effective and Agile Organisation; Develop the Organisation for the Future.
- Understanding of the Cambodian public education structure and delivery system (MoEYS organisational structure; Child Friendly Schools; major bi- and multi-lateral organisation influences in education sub-sectors).
- Knowledge of key education project models and good practice in programming.
- Understanding of latest developments, research, and trends in the field of education in low income countries (and especially early grade reading).
- Knowledge and skills in assessment of learning outcomes.
- Strong organisational and management skills, with a proven ability managing a team (matrix management experience is highly preferred)
- Ability to pro-actively influence, network, and collaborate with national level government, NGO, bilateral donor, and UN Agency peers.
- Excellent communication skills in Khmer and English (written and verbal).
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills (including facilitation)
- Thorough knowledge and ability of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus Notes is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership and foster a collaborative, team oriented atmosphere
- 5 years of progressive experience and expertise in development and social sector
- 3 years of team management and leadership experience.
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F013 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email or contact us at phone number provided in the contact detail.
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 19th January 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052|
|Cambodia – (Preferred, National Office Phnom Penh)|