Social Worker for Agape International Missions
|Educate / Train / Teaching, Social Science, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|06th February 2020|
|Minimum 2 years|
AIM School, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for 3 Cambodian nationals to fill the position of full-time Social Worker. AIM School is a Christian school located at km 11 on National Road 5, outside of Phnom Penh. Please email us for a full job description and application form.
JOB PURPOSE: Act as the primary channel of communication, support, and assistance from AIM School to the families of AIM School students, helping families to value their children and improve their family situation so that all children in the home are safe, cared for, and educated.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, regularly attending church. Follow Biblical moral standards inside and outside of school, living and working to be a good example like Christ.
- Be a model of humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and compassion.
- Attend and actively participate in trainings and learn about a variety of topics related to personal, spiritual, and professional growth, as well as policies and procedures.
- Adhere to AIM’s Mission, Vision, Values and Statement of Faith.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Build and maintain loving and trusting relationships with families of AIM School students through regular home visits.
- Respond to attendance and behavior reports by the teachers of AIM School and conduct visits to the family in order to assess the situation and help provide solutions where able.
- Assess the physical, educational, family and community histories of AIM School student families and seek to understand the needs of the family. Work with the family to develop a plan for education and an improved home environment where necessary. Before moving forward with his or her plans, the social worker must obtain the approval of his/her supervisor or directors.
- Keep accurate and up to date records on home visits and communication with families using the forms provided by AIM School.
- Maintain strict confidentiality about all information and records pertaining to the students and families associated with AIM School.
- Attend and participate in regular Social Work Team meetings.
- Compile and use a network of contacts and resources (including AIM entities) within the community related to medical care, education, vocational training, spiritual formation and other organizations offering services to families.
- Participate in anti-trafficking and child protection training and seminars.
- Work well within a team and will be reachable by phone at all times.
- Be physically available at AIM School during crisis situations. In the event that the social worker is not able to be in Svay Pak, he or she will provide phone support for teammates and other colleagues.
- Pray daily for, and when possible with, the students and family under the school's care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Education : Grade 12 completed. At least 2 years of university courses related to social work preferred.
- Experience : At least 2 years past successful experience working with children and families in a church, school or organizational context.
- Must be Christian.
- No criminal record.
- Active member of a local Christian church.
- Pastor’s reference.
Skills and Abilities
- Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken.
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Ability to solve problems and think critically.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Recognize the importance to be flexible within the job role.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially showing respect, politeness and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to develop and maintain a personal self-care plan.
- Supportive and encouraging personality.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm.
- Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family.
- Paid holidays.
- Lunch provided.
- Salary for this position will be based on experience and qualifications.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Agape International Missions|
|093 651 749|
|Phnom Penh, Svay Pak|
Agape International Missions (AIM) was founded on the ground in Cambodia in 1988 as a humanitarian aid and church planting organization. Since 2005, our ministries have focused on ending the evil of child sexual slavery.
AIM takes a holistic approach to fighting trafficking, restoring victims and transforming communities, in order to defeat trafficking. Our projects Prevent, Rescue, Restore and Reintegrate. AIM is guided by a distinct philosophy that God anointed the Church through the power of Jesus Christ to overcome evil.
AIM has a US Headquarters in California with administrative staff and local, in-country staff for our programs.