Finance Officer for WWF-Cambodia
Finance Officer for WWF-Cambodia
|Accounting, Banking / Finance, Business Administration, Economics|
|Full time job|
|02nd February 2020 2020-01-14 2020-02-02|
|At least 3 years|
WWF’s mission in Cambodia is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF’s core values are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging. The WWF-Cambodia programme is part of WWF's regional Greater Mekong Programme operating in Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Position title: Finance Officer (AP and CM)
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Date: 01 February 2019
The Finance Officer provides support to Chief Accountant to ensure transparency, accuracy and trustworthiness and compliance with WWF Greater Mekong financial system, policies and procedures and local legal requirements, and is responsible for the effective provision of daily financial services to all staff in the WWF-Cambodia.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all transactions are entered into Oracle Light timely and accuracy
- Check accuracy of staff payroll calculation from HR department and process monthly salary disbursement to staff after informed booking from GL team.
- Responsible for tax preparation and declaration
- Responsible for intercompany process with other offices by maintained the Interco account through AGIS module
- Responsible for preparation and report on staff advance aging report, maintain and send to relevant staff for timely submitted and register for Phnom Penh
- Assist Chief Accountant on month/year end close procedure by conduct the Trial Balance account cleansing procedure
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation on bank and petty cash timely and accuracy for Phnom Penh Office
- Responsible for expenditure in Oracle and process payments for Phnom Penh Office
- Ensure implementation of WWF Standards and best practices
- Ensure all payments are processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedure
- Support Chief Accountant for external or internal audit
- Ensure compliance are in place (policy and procedure)
- Responsible for ADI update and upload for bank charges and any adjustments 14. Responsible for Petty cash float for Phnom Penh office
- Responsible for Petty cash float for Phnom Penh office
- Maintain filing system for financial documents
- Support day to day ad-hoc request
- Internal – Closely working with Human Resource and administration unit and other partner if any. Engage with and support all WWF-Cambodia staff
- External - Interact regularly with banks, counterparts, consultants, suppliers and government bodies including tax agents. Engage with other organisations on finance and accounting systems and practices for learning and sharing.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance in the field of international NGO ́s or private sector
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting).
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO.
- Hands-on knowledge of the major Oracle, ERP software and excel would be a distinct advantage,
- Excellent English and knowledge of local languages an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Developed financial management/accounting skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with multiple demands.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Oracle ERP experience would also be a strong asset.
- Adhere to WWF’s brand values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Email your WWF’s Application Form, Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants need to name the position title when submitting their application under the subject.
Deadline for application: 02 February, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and submitted documents will not be returned.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, Ethnic Minorities and people with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply and will be considered regardless of the requirements of the position.
We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within or external and imbed child protection in all we do. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and child protection are fundamental to our relationships, including employment, we only recruit people who are suitable to work with other staff.