Project Assistant for Health & Wash for Good Neighbors Cambodia
|Assistant, Community Development, Management|
|Full time job|
|15th August 2021|
|Minimum 2 years|
Good Neighbors Cambodia (GNC) is the field country office of Good Neighbors International working in 36 countries in the world. GNC is implementing long-term development program focusing on sponsorship, child protection, education, health, WASH, income generation & partnership building and advocacy in 7 Community Development Programs and 1 Social Enterprise in 4 provinces and 1 city of Cambodia. GNC is now working with key sustainability partners and relevant departments of government and NGOs to promote positive impacts for the vulnerable people, especially children.
We are inviting motivated and qualified candidates to join our dynamic team for the following position:
- Project Assistant for Health & Wash, 1 position based in Ek Phnom District, Battambang Province.
The labour contract period of Project Assistant for Health & Wash is 1.5 year.
I. Relationship building
- Build good relationships and communicate with the community to identity all appropriate stakeholders to know GNC clearly.
- Build close relationships and learn actively within communities partners through home visits, attending community social events to make community trust.
- Network actively with Operation District (OD), Health Centre (HC),Village Health Support Groups (VHSGs) Water supply Station Committee (WSC), Child Health Support Committee (CHSC) and local authorities other stakeholders/partners to strengthen community relationships.
II. Community Formation Capacity building
- Ensure the process of WASH center construction runs smoothly.
- Assist Health and WASH Coordinator to work with Provincial Department of Rural Development (PDRD), Provincial Health Department (PHD), Operation District (OD), Health Centre (HC), Commune Council (CC) to provide training to Village Health Support Groups (VHSGs) Community Development Committee (CDC) for holistic sustainable development.
- Assist with Health and WASH Coordinator to organize training and provide awareness education to the community.
- Ensure the water supply station committees have capacity of water operation, marketing monitor and recording.
- Ensure the Child Health Support (CHS) committees have capacity to manage and report CHS activity.
- Participate in monthly meetings at community level related to the Health and WASH sector and other action learning events for reflection learning to improve the quality of work and community well-being.
III. Planning, Implementation Community Mobilization
- Assist Health & WASH Coordinator for managing child cases (CHS) in the community.
- Collaborate with project team (CDF for Education, CAFÉ Project trainer, SSF other staff) for planning and implementation of the annual project activities.
- Coordinate with Village Health Support Group (VHSG), CHS, teacher and water station committee to prepare planning, implementation of the project activities.
- Participate/coordinate to manage and operating of CHS and water supply station in effective and quality.
- Ensure the CHS, pre-school and water supply station budget control and recording are systematic, effective and accountable.
- Mobilize local resources, participation and ownership for development initiatives in Health and WASH.
IV. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitate community people and key partners to reflect, learn, and share best practices
- for community empowerment and development.
- Facilitate with key sustainability partners to implement and monitoring process of indicators for the quality of the project.
- Work with Water Station Committee (WSC), Child Health Support Committee (CHSC) to prepare Water Station report (WS) and Child Health Support (CHS) report and monitoring system in quality and timely manner.
- To participate in monitoring and evaluation team to collect information to see CDP’s impacts.
- Other tasks assigned by line manager/supervisor.
- Bachelor degree majoring in community development and management.
- 2 years-experiences in the related field
- Good development facilitation including empowerment, community mobilization and transformational development.
- Good interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Honest and trustworthy, hardworking and willing to learn new things.
- Willingness to work with the children and vulnerable families.
- Competent in written English communication, computer literate (Ms. word, Excel, PPT).
- Honest and trustworthy, hard-working and willing to learn.
- Selected Candidate required to sign 1.5 year contract.
Beside basic salary, the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and other benefits such as 13th month salary, seniority fund, health, life and accident insurance for 24 hour and phone card allowance. Moreover, a working condition comply and benefit with Cambodia Labor Law.
- The interview will be done in English.
- All interested candidates are required to submit their Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not attach any certificate. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. The deadline for application is 15th August 2021.
Candidates will be expected to comply with Good Neighbors Cambodia's child protection policy.
GNC Head Office:
Join Telegram GNC’s Jobs:
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Good Neighbors Cambodia|
|023 880 557|
|2nd floor, Building #407, St. 1982, Phnom Penh Thmei, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
Good Neighbors Cambodia (GNC) is the field country office of Good Neighbors International working in 37 countries in the world. GNC is implementing long-term development program focusing on sponsorship, child protection, education, health, WASH, income generation & partnership building and advocacy in 9 Community Development Programs in 5 provinces of Cambodia; and we are expanding more programs to other provinces to meet our rapid growth. GNC is now working with key sustainability partners and relevant department of government and NGOs to promote positive impact to vulnerable people, especially children.