Research Coordinator for Kampuchea Action to Promote Education Organization
|Research / Development, Social Work|
|Full time job|
|10th December 2022|
$500 - $600
Kampuchea Action to Promote Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks a qualified Cambodian National (Education Officer or Education staff) to fill the position of Research Coordinator Based in Phnom Penh for the New Generation Pedagogical Research Centre (NGPRC) of National Institute of Education (NIE). This program is funded collaboratively by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS), ChildFund Cambodia, and the Frank Family Foundation (FFF).
The NGPRC undertakes two main missions:
- Training mentors to support Cambodian teachers, especially in New Generation Schools.
- Conducting pedagogical research to improve the quality of teaching in Cambodia and advise other teacher training institutions.
- Contributes to selecting and coordinating research projects by NGPRC faculty and students
- Contributes to prioritizing and harmonizing the research topics of the M.Ed. students to meet the needs of Cambodian schools
- Writes research proposals
- Collects data following strict protocols
- Finds grants to sustain the center’s research activities and follows up on the research projects to meet the requirements of the donors
- Creates research partnerships with various educational institutions in Cambodia and abroad.
- Proofreads academic research undertaken by the NGPRC students
- Assists the instructor of the research stream to train M.Ed. students and other research contributors with research methodology and ethics
- Assists in ensuring the effective diffusion of NGPRC publications to a wide audience through electronic and printed materials
- Contributes to the academic conferences organized by the NGPRC and/or the NIE
- Completes any other reasonable tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in education or social sciences with research experience
- Solid academic background and writing skills
- Continuous learner
- Strong commitment to improving education in Cambodia
- Problem-solving and analysis skills
- Creative, flexible, self-directed, and result-oriented
- Proficient in both English and Khmer languages
- Comfortable with basic ICT tools (word processing, spreadsheet, websites, and social media)
- Comfortable with statistical analysis software
Please send any evidence of your research work (e.g., thesis/dissertation, research article, or review article)
The agency welcomes both men and women to apply for advertised posts as well as candidates who are physically challenged or who come from ethnic minority groups.
Starting salaries are negotiable and will depend on experience levels and previous salary history. Applications must be submitted on or before the closing date at 5:00 PM. Certificates need not be provided at this time. Candidates send Cover Letters and CVs (with 3 pages) and three-person (3) references. Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and CV to email or KAPE Main Office in Kampong Cham Province provided in the contact details.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Kampuchea Action to Promote Education Organization|
|Mr. Chuon Saran (HR/Admin Manager) H.E. Prof. Chan Roath, NGPRC Project Manager Dr.Sun Somara, Training Coordinator|
|012 752 553
096 464 7777
097 698 8484
|KAPE Office Building, #405, Phum Ti Prammuoy, Veal Vong Sangkat, Kampong Cham Municipality, Kampong Cham Province, Cambodia|