Lab and Equipment Technician for Marie Stopes International Cambodia
|11th December 2022|
|Minimum 2 years|
MSI Reproductive Choices is a global social business providing sexual and reproductive health services, with a particular focus on ensuring access to contraception and safe abortion services. Our team of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. Marie Stopes International Cambodia (MSIC) was established in 1998 and operates seven reproductive health clinics, a network of Marie Stopes Ladies (independent private sector facilities) and a SRH helpline/contact centre. In 2021, MSIC provided services to over 50,000 women and men in Cambodia. The primary responsibility of this role is to further the MSI Vision: A world in which every birth is wanted and its Mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: Children by choice, not chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI Reproductive Choices’ Core Values
- Effective clinical laboratory services in compliance with policies and standards
- Implement day-to-day Lab services to contribute to the achievement of goals and annual business plan of the centre.
- Collect specimen, organizes specimen as per MSI IP guideline.
- Conduct sample reading, testing, prepare appropriate workload each day.
- Manage Lab specimen (packing) when refer them to a higher Lab.
- Ensures turn Around Time (TAT) of the Lab result to providers as per Lab minimum standard requirement.
- Ensure accurate Lab registered book up to date & reliable record keeping.
- Work with centre teams to prepare and submit monthly and quarterly Lab performance reports to clinical director
- Effectively operating and maintaining medical equipment and clinic assets
- Conduct autoclave operations and maintain up-to-date Logsheet
- Maintain autoclave and other medical equipment as per standards.
- Support Centre manager in the implementation of centre equipment maintenance plans
- Sterilise all instruments and materials is performed as per standards.
- Assist Infection Prevention Assistant to ensure equipment is appropriately sterilized.
- Logistics support
- Support Centre Manager to ensure the clinic is well maintained including the furniture and the building
- Coordinate minor repairs within the clinic, including anything related to plumbing, electricity, building and furniture, and where necessary co-ordinate with Centre Manager for major repairs
- Undertake logistics tasks to support the efficient running of the centre
- Participate in internal audit, competency assessment conducted by QA team from support office and QTA
- Allocating time to participate in Lab trainings if any,
- Documents best practices and /lessons learned from MSICs Lab services operations
Qualification/Skill and Experience:
- A degree/ certificate from a recognised Lab schools in Cambodia
- Being licensed to practise as Lab technician
- Being a member of Lab Technicians Council is a desire (if exists)
- At least 2 years of experience working on a variety blood testing in any clinics or hospitals
- Knowledge of operating certain Lab equipment or machine is advantage
- Experienced working with national referral Lab networks is a plus
- Lab trainer’s background is a desire
- Able to perform basic Lab tests: haematology, serology, urology, etc.
- Lab results reporting and results turnaround times is highly considered
- Fill in Lab book registration and update it as per required
This role is a great opportunity to contribute your skills and commitment to a rewarding project in an emerging health sector of significance.
We are committed to Child and Adult Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. Please note, appointment to this position is subject to the outcome of background checks. We are an equal opportunity employer – women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please visit the website or contact our Human Resources Team for a detailed job description. Interested and qualified candidates should send applications (CV and a cover letter) to email or alternately via post to: Marie Stopes International Cambodia (MSIC) Head Office provided in the contact details.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|Marie Stopes International Cambodia|
|017 343 426
010 88 70 75
|Phnom Penh Centre, Building F, 1st Floor, Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
Marie Stopes International is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services they provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she’s free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family. Marie Stopes International Cambodia (Marie Stopes) was established in 1998 and operates seven reproductive health clinics, social marketing program, clinical outreach services, and provides technical support to numerous public and private partners.