Senior Finance Officer for National Center for Parasitology Entomology and Malaria Control
|03rd February 2023|
|Minimum 10 years|
The National Centre for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM), has been implementing a strengthened and comprehensive malaria program since 2004 through a series of grants received from the Global Fund for HIV/AIDS, TB, and Malaria (GFATM). CNM’s strategies and plans align with targets envisioned in Cambodia’s Malaria Elimination Action Framework – 2 (MEAF-2), which aims to accelerate efforts and eliminate P. falciparum malaria by 2023 and all malaria species by 2025. CNM is undergoing grant application to continue implementing its comprehensive malaria program for 2021-23 where UNOPS will act as the Principal Recipient (PR) for the third implementation period under the Regional Artemisinin-resistance Initiative – 3 Elimination (RAI3E). CNM is designated as the Principal Implementing Partner (PIP) and, in collaboration with UNOPS and other partners, endeavors to facilitate more effective decentralized malaria control operations at provincial and operational district levels and eliminate malaria in the country.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and adapt processes and procedures focusing on achievement of grants
- Ensure full compliance with provisions of GF Financial Rules and Regulations in all financial transactions, recording, reporting and Program Management Guidelines (PMG), etc.
- Provide capacity building to sub national level (24 Provincial Health Departments), 5 other ministries and NGO counterparts to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Analyze and monitor financial GF budget and expenditures to ensure that there is enough fund for implementing project activities to achieve project indicators
- Develop tools to such financial template to support Sub national level in producing monthly financial reports to be submitted on a regular basis.
- Work closely with program unit to oversight of Financial Risk of program activities and guidelines to ensure the fund usages are compliant to GF guideline and mitigate risk
- Develop internal Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) and workflows for finance section in order to operationalize internal control framework in close coordination with other units, sub-national level and other counterparts
- Responsible for financial management of GF grant
- Responsible for all grant under GF grant and follow up, review financial report from Sub-National level, other ministry and CSOs to submit to CNM on a monthly basis. Check/review financial reports from Sub-National level, ministry and CSOs
- Coordinate with PHD/OD accountants to submit monthly financial reports to CNM and review their financial reports to minimize risk of financial data.
- Provide coaching to PHD/OD accountants to better their understanding on monthly financial report procedure and budget assumptions.
- Support accountant of Sub-National level, ministries, CSOs to complete their financial reports on time.
- Review vouchers and supporting documents and then record financial data into excel record book and QuickBooks accounting system before submitting to Chief of Finance
- Review of budget analysis against actual expenditures and highlight any variance discrepancies for pro-active action and any other tasks as required etc.
- Ensure all supporting documents to be verified against the financial data as requirement from LFA and external auditors
- Work closely with program unit to develop budget proposal for new project.
- Support program unit to re-programming budget base on the project needs.
- Staff capacity building at sub-national levels
- Regular visit to the assigned provinces to provide capacity building on their monthly financial reports and accounting supporting documents
- Support PHD/ODs/SSRs to deal with any issues from the ground such as fund flow from PHDs down to ODs
- Coordinate with subnational level to provide supporting documents as required by LFA and auditors.
- Provided refresher training/on the job-training on monthly financial reports to PHDs/ODs/SSRs accountant
- Provide training to new recruiting staff on financial policies and procedures
- Perform month-end closing Accounting System
- Perform month-end, quarterly, semester and year-end closings of financial system; including reconciliation and review correctness of the data
- Reconcile and review correctness of the financial data from National level, PHDs and SSRs to be accounted into Accounting System (Quick Book)
- Verify financial data between Excel and Quick Books to ensure the accuracy of financial data and make adjustments of unreconciled on some financial data
- Maintenance of Financial System
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of Financial System
- Provide ongoing trainings to new recruiting finance staff
- Maintain Financial System and related procedures for optimal technical performance
- Recommend for system improvement or customize and maintain adequate accountancy reports
- Weekly back up financial system regularly
- Others as required by Senior Finance Officer and Chief of Finance
- Provide cover for other finance staff’s member when he/she is absent;
- Deputize for Chief of Finance when he/she is absent;
- Promote CNM in a positive and professional manner.
Experience and qualifications
- Master degree in Accounting/Finance with more than 10 years of relevant experiences
- Project management especially forecasting and budgeting
- Experience working in collaboration with counterparts and governments.
- Significant experience working in health care sector and government
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- General Accounting
- Budget Preparation
- Cash management
- Knowledge of Accounting software (Quick Book, Sun System) and Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates please send their CV(s) to us by email provided in the contact details.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team