Finance Officer for National Center for Parasitology Entomology and Malaria Control
|03rd February 2023|
|Minimum 5 years|
The National Centre for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM), has been implementing a strengthened and comprehensive malaria program since 2004 through a series of grants received from the Global Fund for HIV/AIDS, TB, and Malaria (GFATM). CNM’s strategies and plans align with targets envisioned in Cambodia’s Malaria Elimination Action Framework – 2 (MEAF-2), which aims to accelerate efforts and eliminate P. falciparum malaria by 2023 and all malaria species by 2025. CNM is undergoing grant application to continue implementing its comprehensive malaria program for 2021-23 where UNOPS will act as the Principal Recipient (PR) for the third implementation period under the Regional Artemisinin-resistance Initiative – 3 Elimination (RAI3E). CNM is designated as the Principal Implementing Partner (PIP) and, in collaboration with UNOPS and other partners, endeavors to facilitate more effective decentralized malaria control operations at provincial and operational district levels and eliminate malaria in the country.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and adapt processes and procedures focusing on achievement of grants
- Under the guidance of Chief of Finance, ensure full compliance with provisions of GF Financial Rules and Regulations in all Financial transactions, recording, reporting and Program Management Guidelines (PMG), etc.
- Assist Chief of Finance to analyze and monitor financial situation of GF grant
- Support Chief of Finance in overall financial management and oversight of Financial Risk of program activities and guidelines to mitigate risk
- Develop internal Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) and workflows for finance section in order to operationalize internal control framework in close coordination with Chief of Finance and Finance Staff.
- Responsible for financial management of GF grant
- Follow up and review financial report of PHD/SSR to submit to CNM on a monthly basis. Check/review financial reports from PHD/SSR and then prepare voucher then entry into the accounting system submit to another Senior Finance Officer for Further checking/verification compare with the accounting system.
- Support PHD/SSR accounting staff to complete their financial reports on time.
- Assist in preparing vouchers for all transactions in daily operation and posting into the accounting system.
- Assist in reviewing of budget against actuals and highlight any material discrepancies for pro-active action and any other tasks as required etc.
- Staff capacity building at sub-national levels
- Regular visit to the assigned provinces to provide capacity building on their monthly financial reports and accounting supporting documents
- Provided refresher training/on the job-training on monthly financial reports to PHDs/ODs/SSRs accountant staff.
- Assist to Perform month-end closing Accounting System
- Assist to perform month-end and year-end closings of financial system; including reconciliation and review correctness of the data
- Reconcile and review correctness of the data entering in the system
- Record unreconciled item in the system to ensure properly account closing
- Maintenance of Financial System
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of Financial System
- Assist Chief of Finance in maintaining of Financial System and related procedures for optimal technical performance
- Recommend for system improvement or customize and maintain adequate accountancy reports
- Back up financial system regularly in a monthly basis
- Others as required by Senior Finance Officer and Chief of Finance
- Provide cover for other finance staff’s member when he/she is absent;
- Deputize for Chief of Finance when he/she is absent;
- Promote CNM in a positive and professional manner.
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance with minimum 5 years of relevant experiences
- Project management especially forecasting and budgeting
- Experience working in collaboration with NGOs and governments.
- Significant experience working in health care sector and government
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- General Accounting
- Budget Preparation
- Cash management
- Knowledge of Accounting software and Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates please send their CV(s) to us by email provided in the contact details.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team