Literacy Facilitator for Room to Read Organization
|09th December 2022|
|Minimum 3 years|
Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, Room to Read is creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality. We are achieving this goal by providing support during the two most critical time periods in a child’s education: primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. Our Literacy Program trains and coaches teachers, creates quality books and curricular materials and establishes libraries filled with diverse children’s books in local languages that can be enjoyed at school or home. Our Girls’ Education Program helps girls build skills to succeed in secondary school and make key life decisions by providing life skills curriculum, opportunities for mentorship and peer support, and family and community engagement. We deliver additional remote solutions that leverage local logistical infrastructure, broadcast media networks and internet-based technologies to facilitate learning beyond the classroom. Room to Read collaborates with local communities, partner organizations and governments to test and implement innovative models that can be integrated into the education system to deliver positive outcomes for children at scale. To date, Room to Read has benefited more than 32 million children and has worked in more than 49,000 communities and 21 countries, including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, United States, Vietnam and Zambia. Room to Read plans to benefit 40 million children by 2025.
Learn more about our work here: website
We are seeking for national qualification candidate to fill in the position as the following location below:
- Literacy Facilitator (1 Position)
Program Implementation, Training, and Monitoring
- Serves as the technical resource in the schools on applying literacy skills and the habit of reading techniques in the classroom or library.
- Regularly consults with Literacy Program Officer (LPO) and updates technical input to ensure they are successfully implementing the program design and able to provide feedback on how well it is working. Participates in regular one-on-one meetings with the Literacy Program Officer (LPO) to make sure the program is implemented smoothly in target schools.
- Regularly observes, demonstrates and coaches Grade 1 and 2 teachers in delivering the instructional component of the Literacy Program.
- Regularly observes, demonstrates and coaches all primary grade teachers and librarians in the implementation of the library period and reading activities.
- Supports Grade 1 and 2 teachers in effective use of ongoing student tracking assessments to inform instruction.
- Conducts and analyzes data related to the student tracking results to inform support for Grade 1 and 2 teachers.
- Regularly provides an update to the principal on progress and coaches him/her on ways to support teachers and ensure longer term sustainability of literacy outcomes within the school.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to understand the Literacy program and how to provide effective coaching support.
- Train and/or participates in teacher and librarian trainings related to the Literacy program.
- Participates in literacy events, parent meetings and other community activities.
- Participates in regular review meetings and any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Supports donor visits through demonstration projects and presentations, as needed.
Planning, Reporting and Documentation
- Conducts ongoing planning, documentation, and reporting of school visits.
- Documents best practices and lessons learned and shares with the Literacy Program Officer.
Functioning of library
- Supports the initial set up of the library, excluding furniture which is the responsibility of the LPO.
- Regularly observes and models good library management practices and systems to designated librarian (i.e. book leveling, check out system, etc.).
- Facilitators and/or participates in regular librarian trainings related to the use of the library.
- Collaborates with school to support minor improvements to the library space (i.e. painting).
- Collects regular monitoring data on library systems.
- At least high school diploma or bachelor’s in education or Bachelor of Literature or related field
- Certificate of pedagogy from Provincial Teacher Training Center (PTTC) or Regional Teacher Training Center (RTTC)
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching in any grade (primary/lower secondary/upper secondary) or no teaching is required but with experience in educational work
- Some experiences in facilitating trainings and giving presentations
- Ability to travel frequently to target schools in the agreed district
- Has own motorbike and is able to drive
- Loves to read
- Local candidates based in the targets above are strongly encouraged to apply
- Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Good computer user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel), internet and email
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for Literacy Facilitator at our Careers website. You will be asked to complete an online application by uploading your resume and cover letter. For further detailed information about the application online, please reach out to the telegram: 011 666 405.
Previous candidates need not to re-apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Room to Read is an equal-opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing
the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. “Disabled people of all types are encouraged to apply”. Room to Read is a child-safe organization; all personnel are expected to adhere to Room to Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team