SMART Administration for Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
|Computer Science, Resources & Environment|
|Full time job|
|28th November 2019|
$600 - $700
|Minimum 2 years|
Position Title : SMART Administration
Location : Senmonorom, Mondulkiri Province
Department : GIS Department
Report To : SMART Team Leader
The SMART Administration provides technical support to (1) help SMART Team Leader to get SMART Connect rollout for Keo Seima Conservation project which collaborates with Department of Terrestrial Protected Area Conservation Eastern Plain Mekong (MOE/GDANCP) and Mondulkiri Provincial Department of Environment (PDOE), (2) implement SMART Mobile and CyberTracker for Law Enforcement (LE), Research and Community Protected Area Patrol (CPAP) Teams on the ground and hands on expertise to the field data collectors, through training, planning, storing information, reporting and coordination. He/she will manage and administrate the Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool work in Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary (KSWS). He/she will work with WCS Law Enforcement Advisor, SMART team leader and government counterparts to keep tracking the court cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to rangers, team leader, research team, community patrol team in the form of direct training, coaching, and capacity building on SMART
- Provide the support in designing and delivering the basic training program as require (GPS, map skill, SMART, Mobile Data Collection Application etc.,)
- Support the SMART LE teams in the planning of LEM/SMART support activities
- Coordination and cooperation with site Law Enforcement Technical Advisor
- Effective coordination with government counterparts and other concern government authorities.
- Collaborate with PDoE and MoE/GDANCP to rollout SMART Connect for Eastern Plain
- Ensure that SMART Data is well and correctly collected/recorded
- Equipment management and maintenance
- GIS/SMART and IT
- SMART data analysis for KSWS
- Support the efficient task related to SMART and IT
- Implementing and support the use of SMART Mobile App and CyberTracker to patrol team (Law Enforcement, Research and Community Protected Area Patrol Team)
- SMART Connect Sever management/maintenance for KSWS
- Troubleshooting issue with SMART database/software, and data collection application
- Keep up-to-date on development of SMART software and SMART Mobile App software
- Cases tracking
- Working admin or director of the protected area to copy/scan the documents related to the arrested/court cases
- Record the numbers and amount of fined cases if possible
- Keep tracking the court/prosecuted cases
- Collaborate with compliance unit
- Well managed the SMART database and SMART Connect for KSWS
- Supports the SMART activities in KSWS
- SMART standards and procedures understood and followed by field staff
- SMART Team Leader
- KSWS Law Enforcement Technical Advisor
As well any and all other work assignments, duties, and/or functions as WCS or its management may designate or instruct in the course of its operation, which may include assignments, duties, and/or functions that vary from the above.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Geographic Information System and/or natural resource management
- Two years of experiences with information technology
- Experiences with natural resources management or conservation
- Strong interest in protecting the natural resources in Cambodia
- Willing to spend considerable time in remote area, forest campsites when conducting field training and coaching activities.
- Good commitment and working well with and contributing effectively to a multicultural team
- Good command of English language
- Willing to obtains new skill
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences. Interested candidates are invited to send by email a cover letter together with CV by combining into single PDF file (with expected salary) to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 28th November 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- The applicant shall clearly state the position for which s/he wishes to apply in the application.
About WCS contact address:
House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh
Phone: 023 217 205
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
The Wildlife Conservation Society, founded in 1895, has the clear mission to save wildlife and wild places across the globe. WCS's goal is to conserve the world's largest wild places in 16 priority regions, home to more than 50% of the world's biodiversity. We currently manage about 500 conservation projects in more than 60 countries.
WCS has been working in partnership with the Royal Government of Cambodia since 1999, providing technical advice and support for the conservation of key habitats and species across the country.
|Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)|
|023 217 205|
|House No. 21 Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh|