Senior Technical Specialist Adolescent & Youth Participation for World Vision Cambodia
|Community Development, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|28th February 2020|
$1,280 - $1,600
|At least 5 years|
NOTE: ONLY CAMBODIAN NATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
World Vision is an international Christians Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified Cambodian to fill vacant position of:
Job ID: NO-FY20-F020
Position: Senior Technical Specialist Adolescent & Youth Participation
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary & Benefit Package: 1,280-1,600 USD
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide technical oversight and management to Adolescent & Youth Participation Technical Programme to maximise the impact of World Vision’s technical programming in the lives of vulnerable children in Cambodia.
To provide sector technical assistance and oversight to WVI-Laos, contributing to ensure quality and evidence-based programming (up to 10%).
Provide oversight and coordination of Adolescent and Youth technical units to ensure technical approaches, technical programmes and technical assistance to programme implementers is high quality and contributes to the sustained well-being of children in communities in alignment with WVI-Cambodia National Strategy and Our Promise.
Lead technical capacity building planning (and delivery when appropriate) for TPOs and Area Programme staff to ensure Adolescent and Youth programme implementation in Cambodia is a high standard.
Lead and promote external representation such that WVI-Cambodia is seen as a partner of choice of Support Offices, donor and peer agencies for its technical expertise and evidence base of child well-being impact.
Working with the WVI-Cambodia Advocacy Technical Lead, contribute to WVI’s advocacy agenda and actions at the national and local levels in Cambodia result in improved outcomes for children.
Provide sector technical assistance and oversight to WVI-Laos as agreed to strengthen the quality of programme design and implementation for improved outcomes for children.
DETAIL ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB
Technical Unit Oversight, Design, Learning and Innovation
- Working with Technical Programme Lead, oversee development and review of sector strategy and programming (TP/TA) in alignment with National Strategy and global directives, ensuring development of a strong evidence-based and technically robust approach to programming resulting in improved child well-being outcomes.
- Lead design and development of appropriate Technical Programme (TP) resources for quality implementation, including quality assurance framework and measurement tools for implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and integrity of TP adaptation during roll-out, making adjustments to TP design through analysis of results and learning.
- Identify research and learning agenda for the sector to build evidence on the validity of the Pathway of Change and programme design.
- Identify and develop ideas for innovation based on programme learning.
- Lead in providing necessary technical support for sector grant-funded projects.
- Support bridging the learning between non-sponsorship-funded projects and sponsorship-funding programming.
Team Leadership and Technical Capacity Building
- Line management of one technical unit staff member, and additional interns and volunteers as relevant.
- Responsible for development of capacity building plan and on-going capacity building for sector technical implementation team (TPO and TPCs) in order implement TPs against programme standards.
- Specifically support TPM to be equipped with up to date and relevant technical approaches and data for engagement with government.
- Model and promote a service mindset focused on enabling frontline staff.
External Engagement and Representation; Resource Acquisition
- Contributes to proactive engagement of external stakeholders including peer agencies and pre-positing with donors to deepen strategic and operational collaboration for child well-being.
- Interprets and applies global, regional and national trends and learning to WVI-Cambodia’s sectoral programming.
- Represents WVI-Cambodia within technical, coordination, and advocacy groups/consortia on issues related to sector.
- Participates in Global Community(ies) of Practice on sector, Regional sectoral initiatives, and National Forum and Technical Working Groups.
- Lead technical input to relevant proposals, ensuring alignment to TA and TP.
Sector Advocacy Agenda
- Working with TL Advocacy, contribute to development of sector national policy agenda, ensuring continual evidence base and review of advocacy policy based on learning.
- Be an effective internal and external spokesperson for WVI-Cambodia’s advocacy agenda.
Sector Technical Assistance and Oversight for WVI-Laos
- Working with AD SPQ-Laos, provide WVI-Laos with technical assistance as agreed together. This may include: programme designs, implementation resource development, capacity building, proposal development, quality assurance of implementation, programme evaluation and research.
- Master’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Strong technical understanding of sector/model; able to clearly communicate drivers for change in technical area
- Strong understanding of programme or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in analysing and solving problems, persuading, networking and negotiating
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to plan ahead while anticipating obstacles
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) required.
- At least 5 years programme management experience in an international development organization
- At least 3 years of experience in a NGO sector technical role in a developing context
- Experience in representation to government, donor & UN agencies and/or technical networks or working groups
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F020 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email or contact us at phone number provided in the contact detail.
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 28th February 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052|