Technical Specialist for SMEs management-CAST for World Vision Cambodia
|Business Administration, Economics, Management|
|Full time job|
|08th April 2020|
$970 - $1,212
|Minimum 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are a global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) Cambodian candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : SRP-FY20-F015
Position : Technical Specialist for SMEs management-CAST
Location : National Office, Siem Reap- Cambodia (up to 40% travels to provinces including PP)
Salary : 970$- 1,212 $ per month
Contract type : Unspecified Duration (UDC)
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
S/he will work on identifying SMEs for finance assistance in form of co-investment and vouchers. S/he will coordinate partner meetings and necessary events for the project. S/he will assist the Technical Lead in developing necessary plans and strategies for financial support to the project beneficiaries.
Commercialization of Aquaculture for Sustainable Trade (CAST)- Cambodia is a five-year project funded by the
United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr). CAST-Cambodia aims to promote the commercialization and trade of aquaculture products in Cambodia by improving aquaculture productivity, quality and expanding trade for domestic and international markets. This aim will be achieved through increasing productivity of aquaculture operations, improving quality and accessibility of inputs (seed and feed), better market linkages, and enabling a supportve environment (services, policy, financing) for Value Chain (VC) participants.
Project operating area- Phnom Penh and six provinces of Cambodia including Kandal, Kampong Cham, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap, Battambang and Pursat.
- Identify formal and informal aquaculture SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) over the course of the project to participate in project activities;
- Prepare and announce a call for proposals (CFP) to select one or more BDS (business development services) providers to target SMEs who may need further development in business skills to access dynamic markets
- Facilitate the transference of capital and information from the financial sector to SMEs
- Develop a resource transference scheme to support SMEs in their technical and managerial needs for market expansion and technology upgrade
- Support businesses that need additional technical support to expand their operations with technical assistance loans that will be operated by a financial institution
- Create a business-to-business directory to link SMEs to business and technical service providers and promote its diffusion.
- At least three years of experience in the business development sector either with profit or non-profit organizations
- Experience working with the finance sector and/ or transference of resources for SMEs or agriculture organizations.
- Experience in training SMS, cooperatives or agriculture groups in managerial functions
- Strong technical understanding of the business sector with a private sector development approach
- Experience in analyzing, problems solving, persuasion, networking and negotiation
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in economics, business management, or similar disciplines
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organisation.
- Please copy JOB ID: SRP-FY20-F015 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email or contact us at phone number provided in the contact detail.
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 08th April 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052|
|National Office, Siem Reap- Cambodia|