Program Manager—(World Bank-ISAF project) for World Vision Cambodia
|Law, Management, Public Relation, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|31st March 2020|
|Minimum 5 years|
World Vision is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. World Vision International (WVI) is awarded to be an implementing agency for the proposed project, ensuring overall coordination and working through partnerships with other local (and potentially other international) NGOs as well as individual community accountability facilitators working at the commune and villages levels. The project aims to improve the quality and responsiveness of selected public services through more informed and engaged citizens. It is implemented through an annual series of facilitated, participatory activities at community level that include: (i) enhancing citizen access to information about public service standards, performance and budgets, (ii) independent citizen-led monitoring and assessment of public services, and (iii) the creation and implementation of agreed Joint Accountability Action Plans (JAAPs) to improve public service delivery (with particular attention to the needs of marginalized groups). These actions are supported by the on-going (iv) training and capacity development of Community Accountability Facilitators (CAFs) and local government actors, and (v) program management, monitoring and learning activities. The project is implementing in 10 provinces (Banteay Meanchey, Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Thom, Kandal, Kep, Preah Sihanouk, Preah Vihear, Prey Veng, Siem Reap and Svay Rieng), 452 communes in 51 districts and 23 sangkats in 6 municipalities. From 2021, the project will also be implemented at district level in 20 districts and at municipal level in 6 municipalities
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for four (01) Cambodian internal candidates to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY20-F029
Position : Program Manager—(World Bank-ISAF project)
Location : Phnom Penh
Salary & Benefit Package : Based on qualification
THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Program Manager (PM) responds to provide leadership, management, strategic guidance, networking, integration and coordination of the Support to the demand-side Implementation of the Social Accountability Framework (I-SAF) in Cambodia. He/she ensure the implementation of the project in compliance with donor’s requirements, government policies and WVI‘s standards and policies. Furthermore, he/she also be expected to play a leadership role within a response team, supporting and building the capacity to project staffs and provide technical and administrative support in program design, implementation, and budget and personnel management and provide strategic guidance.
In addition, he/she will ensure the implementation of project is in compliance with their plan, work schedule, budget and quality to ensure proper accountability to donors, support offices, government and the benefiting community and regular oversee the monitoring & evaluation of project activities and assist on relevant donor compliance and reporting informs wider evidence building, accountability and learning from community, project staffs and relevance stakeholders.
- Project Management: Lead and manage the ISAF team to accomplish expected outcomes and respond to issues raised through social accountability processes.
- Managing Sub-grant: Provide good management for ISAF partners to ensure their capacity and alignment meet to the requirement. Those included partners recruit (with formal agreements/MOU), and sub-grant.
- Grant Compliance Management: working closely with procurement team, finance team at national and operation level in order to ensure the compliance to donors requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: Take full responsibility for getting all the various stakeholders to work effectively together to deliver the project on time, within budget and with outputs of good quality.
- Managing Work Plan and Budget: Develop the annual work and budget plan summit to the Donor, ensuring that a project is executed in line with the agreed cost category and budget.
- Reporting: Ensuring that project semi and annual reporting (both financial and narrative) is delivered in good time and with high quality.
- Learning and Evaluation: Learning and evaluation of social accountability processes are captured and integrated into ongoing planning for local level advocacy.
- Accountability: Ensure the accountability of the new initiative align to local and national requirement/alignment
- Representation, Networking and Relationship Building: Ensure effectively communication with donors, NGOs partner, NCDDs, and Government department at national and local.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field (law, politics, international relations, governance, public policy, sociology). Master’s Degree in a related field (law, politics, international relations, governance, public policy, sociology).
- Five years’ professional experience in managing advocacy activities or community development programs. Experience working with government officials and ministries (including sub-national).
- Experience implementing social accountability tools at the local level. Experience working with local service providers (HCMC, School Management Committee, Commune Council members, etc).
- Experience in workshop facilitation and training and experience and interest in child and youth participation in development programs and advocacy.
- Demonstrated experience in program management including staff management, financial management, project design and implementation, reporting and analysis.
- Excellent understanding of advocacy issues in a development context and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in both Khmer and English.
- Strong understanding of public policy, government decision-making processes (especially at the sub-national level) and other civil society networks and coalitions.
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, liaison, and networking skills and brokering partnerships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful project management, communication and training.
- Understanding of at least one area of public service – health, education, government services (such as registrations and land management).
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F029 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email or contact us at phone number provided in the contact detail.
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 31st March 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.