Technical Specialist for Education for World Vision Cambodia
|Community Development, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|28th July 2020|
$749 - $1,212
|Minimum 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) Cambodian candidate to fill in the position below:
JOB ID : NO-FY20-F040
Position: Technical Specialist for Education
Location: National Office
Salary: 749USD – 1,212 USD Competitive and negotiable dependent on your experience and qualifications
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for technical oversight of one of WVI-Cambodia’s program models in the sectors of Education, Nutrition, WASH, Child Protection, Economic Resilience and Livelihoods, or Adolescent and Youth Participation in order to maximise impact of programming in the lives of vulnerable children in Cambodia.
- Oversight and coordination of specific program model, working to ensure technical approaches, model design and adaptation, and model tools and guidance are relevant and high quality, contributing to evidence of the sustained well-being of children in communities in alignment with WVI-Cambodia National Strategy and Our Promise 2030.
- Development of technical capacity building planning (and delivery when appropriate) for TPOs and TPCs on specific program model to ensure programme implementation in Cambodia is a high standard.
- Engagement and participation in relevant communities of practice, partner discussions and networks to ensure WVI-C’s programming is reflective of best practice and lessons learned in the sector.
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- Master’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree in development or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Strong technical understanding of sector/model; able to clearly communicate drivers for change in technical area
- Strong understanding of programme or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in analysing and solving problems, persuading, networking and negotiating
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to plan ahead while anticipating obstacles
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) required.
- At least 3 years of experience in a NGO sector technical role in a developing context
- Experience in representation to technical staff in INGOs and/or technical networks or working groups
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F040 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Tel: 023 216 052 Ext: 121
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 28th July 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|