Senior Project Manager for World Vision Cambodia
|Law, Management, Rural development, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|30th November 2020|
$970 - $1,212
|Minimum 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for 1 Cambodian candidate to fill in the position below:
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The project will be implemented by project team which consists of one Senior Project Manager and 3 Project Coordinators. The project team will work closely with AP Managers of respective districts to ensure completion and achievements of the project outcomes, outputs, and activities. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Regional Manager in Preah Vihear Operational Office with the grant compliant support from Senior Manager for Grant/PNS and GIK. The Child Protection, Education Technical Teams the Senior Campaign Manager will provide technical support the project team.
Position: Senior Project Manager (01)
Location: Preah Vihear Province
Salary: 970 USD- 1212 USD
Position Purpose: The position provides leadership and management of the EVAC Safe To Learn Project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting ensuring alignment with the Implementation Guidelines for Child Protection in Schools Policy (IGCPSP) and in compliance with donor requirements. The position also provides leadership and management of project staff so that they are technically competent and enabled to facilitate the implementation of the project to achieve the highest quality.
- Manage the project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation aligned with the Implementation Guidelines for Child Protection in Schools Policy (IGCPSP)
- Ensure relevant donor requirements are met in a timely manner
- Ensure project activities are implemented and achieving desired outcomes
- Conduct project visits to project target areas to support and encourage staff, and provide guidance for adaptive improvement of the project
- Review and approve project budget and annual POA in alignment with budget guidelines and donor requirements
- Write and submit project report ensuring quality and compliance with donor requirements
- Develop and review project terms of reference and agreement with project partners and consultants
Coordination and integration
- Coordinate with Regional Manager, Area Program (AP) managers, Community Development Facilitators (CDFs) and other related staff for supporting, involving, coordinating and integrating the project implementation in their areas.
- Coordinate with technical team for support to fulfill alignment with Technical Approach and required technical capacities
- Coordinate with Advocacy unit in the implementation of the national level advocacy activities
- Coordinate with other thematic projects to ensure root causes of violence is addressed through other interventions and in a coordinated way
External Engagement, Advocacy and Communications
- Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations and potential partners with a view of complementing efforts and leveraging programming and advocacy impact
- Advocate with government agencies and local authorities on key actions needed to address violence against children in target schools using evidence from programming and research
- Ensure local level advocacy activities and models are implemented in every target schools and that citizens are empowered to advocate to government and services.
- Co-lead/facilitate local and national learning networks and advocacy campaigns related to the project
- Engage with other child protection networks (especially at provincial and national level) to share experience, good practice and lessons learnt
Team Leadership and Management
- Provide strong and positive leadership for project team/staff
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including technical teams, advocacy and GAM teams
- Provide leadership for effective team engagement with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Ensure competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, and high-performers identified and nurtured
- Ensure staff are equipped with technical to deliver job requirements
- Support professional and personal development of project staff
- Promote and support staff wellbeing and security
- At least 02 years of experiences in managing the grant project
- 03 years experiences in implementing similar projects in Child Protection
- At least 03 years of experiences in working in the community development context
- Sound experience in project management including project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, report writing and financial management
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Law, psychology, Social sciences or Rural Development
- Proven experience in advocacy and working with government
- Strong knowledge of child protection policies in Cambodia.
- Strong skills in data analysis, research work and community based programming
- Strong organizational and management skills, with a proven track record of managing a team
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good verbal and written skills is essential, English is desired
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of Lotus Notes is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership and foster a collaborative, team oriented atmosphere
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the team and the community
- Able to make quick decisions as needed
- Strong facilitation skills
- Understanding of and commitment to World Vision Core Values
Please follow instruction in the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 30th November 2020
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|Preah Vihear Province, Cambodia|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.