Senior Technical Specialist - Integrated Nutrition for World Vision Cambodia
|Cambodian or Foreigner|
|Public Health, Social Science|
|Full time job|
|24th January 2021|
$1,280 - $1,920
|Minimum 5 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working for the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work with us because they want to bring in the change. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
- Cambodian Nationals
- Internationals with local residence in Cambodia
Position: Senior Technical Specialist – Integrated Nutrition
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary: 1,280-1,920$ per month
Number of Position: 1
Type of Contract: Local Hire Undefined Contract
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide technical guidance to the management of WVI-Cambodia’s Integrated Nutrition interventions that are implemented through Area Programmes and grant projects for vulnerable children in Cambodia. The technical sectors covered within the Integrated Nutrition program are health (pertaining to the first 1000 days), Water Sanitation and Hygiene interventions, Economic Resilience and Livelihood.
The selected candidate will work with the technical team that provides support to implement Integrated Nutrition Technical Program in 20 plus projects spread across 10 Provinces. The candidate will be based at Phnom Penh office and closely work with the Technical lead to deliver the program requirements for World Vision International Cambodia.
- To develop periodic technical documents for internal and external sharing (in Khmer and English) using internal and external data.
- To analyse monitoring data (LQAS) for ongoing and upcoming technical programs. Lead internal assessments in terms of appropriate research methodology, finalise the tools, equipping the data collection team, analysis and interpretation of data.
- To periodically assess the capacity needs of the AP, projects and Technical Team. Identify the capacity gaps, develop the capacity-building plan and roll it out with other Senior Technical Specialists for Nutrition and WASH.
- To provide support in accomplishing the organizational requirements with reference to Data Management System, Horizon, effective communication, Finance and People and Culture requirements.
- To represent, share and follow up relationships with external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health or relevant social science, or similar disciplines
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) required.
- Strong technical understanding of Health, Nutrition and WASH and able to clearly communicate.
- Strong understanding of programme or project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent relational skills, especially in cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in analysing and solving problems, persuading, networking and negotiating
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to plan ahead while anticipating obstacles
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team as a positive contributor.
- Relevant Master’s Degree with least 5 years of experience in a managing health and nutrition intervention.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with least 8 years of experience in a managing health and nutrition intervention.
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders, such as the INGOs and/or technical networks or working groups in Cambodia.
Candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organisation.
Please follow instruction in the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 24th January 2021
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|National Office, Phnom Penh|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.