PROJECT COORDINATORs for World Vision Cambodia
|Agriculture, Community Development, Rural development|
|Full time job|
|Kampong Thom, Preah Vihear|
|27th January 2021|
|Minimum 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working for the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work with us because they want to bring in the change. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
COVID-19 pandemic has hit Cambodia since the beginning of 2020. The Government of Cambodia had taken initial measures in March to prevent a spread of COVID-19 within the country. These measurements and restrictions have allowed maintaining the infection cases at low rates, but at the same time are having a devastating socio-economic impact at individual and country level. The Government, is now starting to ease the preventive measures to authorize the population to resume economic activities, opening of all schools in January 2021 and internal travels, but still controlling very strictly the borders to avoid “importing” COVID-19 cases with travelers coming from affected countries
World Vision International (WVI) and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC Representation Office Phnom Penh are proposing a support to a project on Re-building Resilience of COVID-19 Affected Communities (RCAC) in Kampong Thom and Preah Vihear provinces to fill the existing gaps of the government’s responses. The overall goal of the project is “the resilience of target communities affected by COVID-19 pandemic in Kampong Thom and Preah Vihear provinces are rebuilt and strengthened”. The project has one outcome of “Responsive services and assistance secured to restore livelihoods of the most vulnerable communities affected by COVID-19 pandemic in the target provinces”. To achieve this outcome, three correspondent outputs are proposed – 1). most vulnerable households affected by COVID-19 pandemic gained rapid recovery from food insecurity and economic crisis through cash transfer scheme; 2). selected households affected by COVID-19 pandemic capacitated in diversified livelihood occupations; and 3) selected households and communities capacitated and empowered to participate in local development process, monitor service delivery and sustain their development gains. The project targets 1,435 rural poor households, including 300 extreme poor households affected by COVID-19 pandemic in the two target provinces. The specific characteristics of household beneficiaries will include female-headed households, internally displaced or returnees, households with disabled members, laid off garment workers, parents of infants and young children, accounting for 7,175 people (60% Female, 40% Male and among those 40% are children under 18)
The project will be implemented by project team, which consists of one Senior Project Manager and two Project Coordinators. Moreover, the two Market Facilitator will share their 30% time support the project. The project team will work closely with AP Managers of respective districts to ensure completion and achievements of the project outcomes, outputs, and activities. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Senior Manager for Grant/PNS and GIK. The Technical Specialist for Economic Resilience & Livelihood will provide technical support and capacity building in cash programming, economic development, and ultra-poor graduation to the project team. The Quality Assurance Manager at WV Swiss will support the project team to ensure the alignment with SDC rules and regulations, the proper utilization of Swiss funds and provides support in DME and risk management.
I. Position: PROJECT COORDINATORs (2 PCs):
Location: Kampong Thom (01) and Preah Vihear (01)
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for facilitating the implementation and monitoring the project activities according to the approved project design and aligned with the donor rules and regulations; working closely with other staff, partners and other stakeholders in the community to achieve the project goal to re-build resilience of COVID-19 affected communities. The position will work closely with key partners including local authorities, private sector, and other Local and International NGOs to provide livelihood opportunity/option to 1,435 vulnerable households and cash transfer to 300 extreme poor households who affected by COVID-19 in the target communities.
a. Project Implementation
- Facilitate the implementation of the project activities according to approved design and annual plan and budget, in close collaboration with other staff and thematic projects, partners and communities
- Facilitate the meeting and liaise the AP managers, local authorities and community to set up criteria for beneficiaries selection
- Form and capacitate local cash transfer committees to identification and selection of most vulnerable households
- Build awareness on cash transfers and set up complaint mechanisms
- Distribute cash transfer to selected most vulnerable households
- Facilitate the community reflection and conduct post distribution monitoring (PDM) of Cash Transfer
- Conduct livelihood and capacity needs assessment among the targeted households
- Develop and facilitate "family vision plan" in regard to their livelihood restoration
- Select and identify suitable options for income generation
- Provide technical training on climate-smart agriculture, entrepreneurship and financial literacy to re-build and diversify sources of income
- Provide specific assets (e.g. livestock, tools, inputs) and agricultural inputs to trained participants
- Establish savings groups for participating households
- Working with Local authorities and AP for selection process of short-term vocational training
- Support successful vocational trainees to start-up business
- Orient and link selected households to social protection services
- Link selected communities to ISAF (Implementation of Social Accountability Framework) to enhance their knowledge and engagement on/with public service providers
b. Project Monitoring, Learning and Reporting
- Assist Project Manager to enhance partners communities’ capacity to implement project activities
- Conduct regular and ongoing project monitoring as defined in the project M&E plan
- Collect regular monitoring data based on approved project M&E plan in coordination with M&E people, AP teams and partners
- Provide regular and timely monitoring data from project implementation
- Conduct regular project reflection with partners to ensure project accountability and learning
- Document project learning and recommendations from monitoring and reflection with communities, partners and other stakeholder
- Disseminate project key lessons learned and recommendations to partners, communities and other stakeholders to ensure ongoing learning on good practices
- Involve in annual audit process
c. Other relevant responsibilities
- Promote teamwork among AP team in learning, training, and spiritual nurture
- Enhance a positive identity of WVI-C including promoting positive relationship with all project staff and other internal and external stakeholders
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and daily devotional meetings
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by project manager
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Agronomy, Social sciences or Rural Development
- Knowledge in community mobilization techniques is an advantage
- At least 3 years experiences in agriculture and livelihood development, community development, and community mobilization
- Experiences in coordination and facilitation on technical training of agriculture and livelihood or income generation to communities
- Experiences in Cash Transfer is an advantage
- Experience in project and program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and report writing
- Proven basic networking ability and experience
- Competent in verbal and written English communication
- Computer literate; Microsoft Word and Excel
Candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organisation.
Please follow instruction in the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 27th January 2021
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|Kampong Thom (01) and Preah Vihear (01)|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.