Senior Business Development Specialist (SBDS) for World Vision Cambodia
|11th April 2021|
$1,280 - $1,920
|Minimum 3 years|
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
- Cambodian Nationals
- Internationals with local residence in Cambodia
Position: Senior Business Development Specialist (SBDS)
Location: National Office
Salary: 1,280$ - 1,920 $ per month
Number of Positon: 1
Type of Contract: Local Hire Undefined Contract
I. PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
To provide expertise and leadership in acquiring grant and private non-sponsorship funding, build relationships with external donors (including USAID, World Bank, EU, etc.); key stakeholders, Support Offices and other partner organizations; and build the capacity of technical staff in the areas of business development, grant acquisition and proposal writing.
The SBDS will work with a team of professionals pursuing the acquisition of high-quality grants and private funding to increase non-sponsorship funding for World Vision International Cambodia and ensure the office meets its strategic priorities. The day to day work of the SBDS will include proactive donor engagement activities to ensure the identification of funding sources and the development of strong relationships that will enable new donor support and repeat awards from existing donors. The SBDS will be coordinating and developing high-quality funding proposals and other documents and will be involved in sharing information with the technical team and other relevant departments within the office. The SBDS will develop and enhance relationships with World Vision Support Office, the Asia Pacific Regional Office, as well as external stakeholders. The SBDS will report directly to the Senior Manager for Resource Acquisition and will be expected to mentor and develop capacity of other members of the team.
- Contributing and participating in the resource acquisition efforts and leading the grant/PNS proposal development process to contribute towards successful funding proposals
- Participating in the development of WVC’s grant acquisition strategy and annual business plans;Lead in the coordination, development, writing and submission of proposals for grant and PNS funding
- Lead/support pre-positioning process with donors/key stakeholders/partners for upcoming opportunities in the pipeline
- Lead/Support donor engagement process with new and repeat donors,
- Coordinate with external stakeholders and partners and lead in the development of consortia
- Lead grant design and start-up workshops and ensure the quality of handover to operations for project start-up and implementation
- Ensure high quality systems and processes for grant acquisition are maintained, as well as systems for Acquisition Knowledge Management to meet organizational needs and standards
- Coordinate among internal stakeholders to ensure quality project design in alignment with organizational priorities and community needs
- Develop leadership and management skills to support the Resource Acquisition Unit (RAU)
- Mentor and supervise the day-to-day work of the Business Development Officer
- Travel to the field as necessary, particularly for the purpose of donor visits to projects
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline such as development studies, international relations, management, economics or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of programming, funding, financial management standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of development theory, sectoral programmes, transformational development, gender mainstreaming and inclusive programming
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work supportively within a team
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing programs, developing project proposals and budgets
- At least 2 years working in a donor relations position (including understanding donor priorities, requirements and standards, and presenting the organization to donors)
- At least 2 years’ experience working in social development sector (NGO, UN agency, etc.)
- Shows humble leadership that supports the team; attitude that seeks consensus, collaboration and engagement
- Able to handle multiple priorities and tasks; able to deliver under pressure and deadlines
- Values quality and timeliness in his/her work
Candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organisation.
- Please follow instruction in the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia
- Only candidates applied in system will be short listed
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 11st April 2021
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.