Technical Specialist for Local Level Advocacy for World Vision Cambodia
|01st August 2021|
$970 - $1,212
|Minimum 4 years|
NOTE: ONLY CAMBODIAN NATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
World Vision International is an international Christian Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. We are global community with a purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination and influence to invest in a better tomorrow.
Are you ready to be a change maker?
Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified local candidate to fill in the position below:
Position: Technical Specialist for Local Level Advocacy
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary: 970 USD – 1212 USD
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Technical Specialist for Local Level Advocacy (LLA) and Social Accountability (SA) ensure that social accountability and local level advocacy models have been designed and integrated strategically into our technical programmes. This position support the quality implementation of these models through capacity building, technical coaching and learnings. This position also ensure M&E for SA and LLA.
- Lead on the design, adaption, learning and review of LLA and social accountability project models (Community Analysis and Social Accountability for Child Protection – CASA4CP, International children Day - ICD, commune budget advocacy, provincial level engagement for all sectors, etc.)
- Lead the review of the existing project models to connect them with the budgeting and planning process at commune level, especially CIP and other community participation mechanisms (HCMC, SSG, etc.)
- Support the integration into TPs and development of annual plans and budget related to project models and key activities
- Lead on capacity building and technical coaching for staff on CASA4CP, ICD and other LLA models
- Ensure M&E, learning and reporting for social accountability and LLA
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Public Administration and Policy (or equivalent) in Politics, Law, Sociology, Anthropology or a related field.
- Excellent understanding of Cambodian Law, policies and local government structures, including decentralisation processes and ISAF.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
- Minimum 4 year experience in a leading advocacy role or local level citizen mobilisation.
- Experience interacting with government and/or technical working groups at a high level.
- Experience in project management
- Excellent representational ability including public speaking, media interviews, and high-level meetings.
- Other relevant training certificate in Advocacy, Social Accountability or Governance is preferred
- Good policy analysis skills is preferred
- Please follow instruction in the link: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-cambodia
- Only candidates applied in system will be short listed
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 01st August 2021
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.