Senior ICT Teacher for Cambodian Children’s Trust
|30 January 2017|
Cambodian Children’s Trust is a secular, non-profit Cambodian NGO working to empower Cambodian families to escape the cycle of poverty, through family preservation, care reform, and education.
The Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is implementing CCT’s ICT project in high schools in Battambang Province.
We are now seeking for a qualified Cambodian to fill the positions below.
These positions will be based in the Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT Youth Centre at Battambang Province,)
- Project Management
- Liaise/coordinate with school Directors and management staff at existing and future partner high schools
- Coordinate schedules (e.g. class schedules, graduation events, certificate awards) with teachers and school staff
- Financial management: assist with financial documentation and processing incl. budgeting, basic procurement, payment processing and cash advances
- Review/facilitate ongoing inventory of IT labs and facilitate maintenance of IT labs
- Assist ICT teachers with strategies and methods for marking, registering, and compiling student assessment data
- Review students assessment data in cooperation with teachers and supervise the recording process of the assessment data into centralized database
- Assist with project documentation, evaluation, and reporting (monthly and quarterly)
- Teacher supervision/training
- Design, facilitate, and deliver professional development workshops for ICT teachers
- Conduct teacher observations, as well as facilitate teacher and course evaluations aimed at developing teaching and classroom management skills.
- Assist ICT teachers with scheduling and assessment
- Develop lesson plans, teaching resources, supporting materials/ resources for ICT courses
- Facilitate teacher meetings and review weekly teacher reports
- Curriculum mapping and development
- Assist with review, mapping and development of Khmer ICT curriculum based on the Australian ICT Curriculum
- Review student books/hardcopy of curriculum and facilitate required updates to match with electronic version
- Work closely with the ICT technical translator on the translation of the ICT online curriculum
- Project expansion
- Assist with research, planning, procurement and coordination of the establishment of new IT labs in a number of high schools in Battambang
- Create sustainable procedures for maintenance and inventory recording of IT equipment in cooperation with new partner schools
- Training activities and other
- Develop and deliver basic ICT workshops to other CCT departments as required
- Assist with the development and delivery of basic ICT workshops at teacher training colleges, as well as for public sector staff in Battambang (and to some extent Phnom Pehn)
- Facilitate and manage extracurricular events related to ICT
- Coordinate with graphic team to design and print certificates, t-shirts etc.
- Keep up to date on ICT related events (competitions, grants, events etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in Education, high school teaching diploma, TEFL or equivalent.
- Dedicated interest in ICT education
- At least 3 years of teaching experience at high school level
- ICT teaching experience at high school level highly desired
- Experience with teacher training and supervision
- Experience with curriculum mapping and development
- Excellent command of the English and Khmer languages, oral and written.
- Good knowledge of software and computer related technologies.
- Excellent team player and self motivated.
- Experience working in IT highly desirable.
Interested persons should send an application letter and copy of his/her current and updated professional curriculum vitae (CV) to Human Resource Department, Cambodian Children’s Trust by using the information in the contact details.
Only short-list candidates will be called for an interview. Application and CV will not be returned.