Team Leader for Room to Read Organization
|Communications, Research / Development|
|Full time job|
|23rd September 2022|
Room to Read (RTR) is a global non-profit that runs education programs throughout Asia and Africa. Room to Read is creating a world free from illiteracy and gender inequality by helping children in historically low-income communities by developing literacy skills and a habit of reading, and by supporting girls as they build skills to succeed in school and negotiate key life decisions. We collaborate with governments and other partner organizations to deliver positive outcomes for children at scale. Room to Read is now piloting the Life Skills for Equality Project (LSEP), a gender-transformative boys’ engagement program in rural Cambodia. The lessons from this pilot will be used to shape the Girl’s Education & Gender Equality program globally. Learn more at website.
To generate the lessons from this pilot project, Room to Read, together with IDinsight, is conducting a qualitative study in pilot schools in the Banteay Meanchey Province of Cambodia. For this qualitative study, RTR is seeking dynamic individuals who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional data collection and interviewing skills, and have a passion for generating evidence to improve social impact to fill the following positions.
- Team Leader
Apart from the scope of work mentioned for the enumerators, the team leader’s responsibility also includes:
- Oversee all data collection activities including management of enumerators.
- Act as a liaison between Field Team (enumerators, translators, etc.) and Room to Read/IDinsight staff during enumerator training and data collection.
- Moderate/facilitate key informant interviews and focus group discussions with study respondents.
- Complete scheduled activities each day promptly, clearly communicating how many interviews have been scheduled and completed so the team manager can monitor progress.
- Manage and ensure the quality of transcription of the recorded FGD and KII data at the end of each day.
- Ensure that each recorded FGD and KIIs are transcribed at the end of each day.
- Maintain regular communication with the Room to Read Cambodia staff, IDinsight Associate, and/or any assigned supervisor to report any observations and problems.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Room to Read RME team or IDinsight Associate.
- Must have experience in managing and supervising the data collection process
- Excellent spoken and written English & Khmer language
- Proven experience and skills in qualitative research work. Training in data collection and/or research methods is an added advantage.
- Experience in conducting interviews and focus group discussions with varied audiences (adults, minors).
Interested candidates should be available in October 2022, 9th to the 26th. The expected engagement for enumerators and the team leader is for 18 days.
To apply, please email your detailed CV with relevant experience to email provided in the contact details.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis followed by a small interview in the week of 3rd October 2022.
Room Read is an equal employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Room Read is a child-safe organization; personnel is expected to adhere to Room Read’s Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
Only shortlisted will be contacted interview.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an enumerator and the team leader. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Questions regarding this ToR should be sent to mentioned in the contact details with the subject title: “QUESTIONS – Room to Read LSEP Project Evaluation TOR”. Answers will be emailed directly.
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team