Senior Technical Specialist for Policy for World Vision Cambodia
|Law, Public Policy, Research / Development|
|Full time job|
|12th August 2020|
$1,280 - $1,600
|Minimum 4 years|
NOTE: ONLY CAMBODIAN NATIONALS MAY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
World Vision is an international Christians Humanitarian Organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice. Our Cambodia Office is seeking for one (01) qualified Cambodian to fill vacant position of:
Job ID: NO-FY20-F034
Position: Senior Technical Specialist for Policy
Location: Phnom Penh
Salary & Benefit Package: 1,280-1,600 USD
I. THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Technical Specialist for Policy plays a leadership role in World Vision Cambodia’s advocacy and external engagement through strategic planning, analysis, research, intelligence gathering and partnership building. The position coordinates with sectorial technical leads and teams to develop strategic advocacy objectives and plans that will contribute to policy changes and improved implementation of existing laws as per World Vision Cambodia’s strategic objectives. This also involves representing externally World Vision Cambodia in key forums and working groups and to oversee the research agenda to ensure WVC is developing evidence-based policy positions.
- Through intelligence gathering, research and analysis, monitor policy processes and current events relevant to World Vision’s strategic objectives
- Develop landscape analysis and briefing to communicate this information internally and to input into design and annual plans
- Support technical teams in developing sectorial strategic advocacy objectives and plans
- Lead on the development of clear policy recommendations and positions for external audiences
- Coordinate the development of policy research and analysis
- Ensure WVC is adequately represented in all key forums and working groups externally
- Identify new partner organizations to support our advocacy and campaign efforts
- Lead the M&E of our national level advocacy efforts
- Support local level advocacy and social accountability initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in a development-related field, law, public policy or research
- At least 4 years’ experience in a related field (advocacy, research, analysis, or government relations)
- Previous experience on policy analysis and developing policy positions and recommendations
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to influence others
- Good written and communications skills in English and Khmer
- Experience working with various stakeholders especially with government bodies at the national level
- Problem solving, dynamic and creative attitude
- Good understanding of current political context of Cambodia
- Knowledge in advocacy strategies appropriate for the political context
- Knowledge in decentralization reform in Cambodia
As part of the World Vision Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
- Please copy JOB ID: NO-FY20-F034 to be your email subject ONLY and attach your completed Application Form, CV and Cover Letter to Email: email@example.com or contact us at Tel: 023 216 052 Ext: 121
- Please follow this link for WV Application Form.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES!
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing date is 12th August 2020 at 17:00
Help Khmer Online JobsWhen you apply for this job, if possible please mention that "You see this job announcement in www.khmeronlinejobs.com".
Thanks, From Khmer Online Jobs Team
|World Vision Cambodia|
|023 216 052 Ext: 121|
|National Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
World Vision is an international Christian humanitarian and development organization working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation and seek justice for vulnerable children.